battling inner demons
[html]

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

[476]
kick me next time i make you wait <33

He should have expected the over-excited response from his cousin- sometimes it was too easy to see the elder of his cousins as serious, compassionate and gentle. He was all of these things, but there was also a larger part of him that enjoyed his mischievousness far too much to let it go. Saul thought that this was perhaps why he enjoyed Bran's company so much- while they were brothers and therefore naturally close, especially when their personalities complimented each other so well, Saul thought that a large part of it lay in the fact that Bran made Niernan forget that they may have had bigger worries and he was more than happy to immerse himself in whatever scheme his brother concocted. As the excitement registered on Niernan's face, Saul allowed a rumbling laugh to jump from his mouth, despite the melancholy that had been dragging him down.

I thought it might be fun, plus it would help you to learn a bit more about construction!

Saul chuckled, thinking how hopeless Niernan had been when Saul had asked him to help out with their hut. Bran had been marginally better and Saul had kept the brown male on as an apprentice of sorts as he'd constructed the wooden hut that the brothers now lived in. The black and tan males words caused him to look up, an amusingly crestfallen expression on the mans face as he asked, in a small voice, whether he and Bran would be able to play in it as well. Saul couldn't help the grin that slipped across his face, the subtle shift of his tail in the breeze that was the prelude to the second laugh in a while now. His nose wrinkled softly as he allowed his hand to raise up attempting to clap his cousin on the shoulder, before he jumped forward, turning and walking backwards in front of Saul.

Of course you two can... Who else is going to keep an eye on the boys?

He questioned, a glint of amusement in his eyes. With a quirk of his eyebrow, he turned and began to comb through the woods, picking up various flat pieces of wood wherever he found them. When he'd found as much as he could carry, whilst also loading it onto Niernan as well, he began to walk back towards the tree he wanted to build in. It was big and sturdy, with the added advantage of having some well placed lower branches, so the boys could get up without too much assistance. Settling his wood in a pile at the base, he stretched and glanced back to his cousin, a grin on his face as he turned back to take in the tree in front of him. It was going to be a bit of a task, but they would do it just fine.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXTa {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
height:200px; width:300px;
float: right;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:40px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXTa u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread