battling inner demons
[html]

Brave Niernan is brave! :: 587 ::

The low chuckle that came from Saul didn't ring true; Niernan knew laughter, and he knew that Saul was forcing it. As his grey cousin effortlessly swung himself up into the thick mid-branches of the tree Niernan followed him with his eyes, the cerulean orbs reading the mans body like a book. Saul was tense, and what Niernan could only describe as 'mopey'. The dark Stormbringer sighed quiety to himself before fixing his face into it's usual relaxed and easy smile. Once he was sure he could keep his smile in place he scrambled up the tree after Saul, swinging his legs over one of the thick branches that would serve as a base for the floor of the tree house.

"This is where we start then?" He looked around at the branches, bouncing a little on his to check its strength. He nodded and smiled at Saul "Seems safe enough to me. How are we gonna strip 'em though?" He asked, gazing along the line of the branch at the smaller limbs that sprouted from the thick bole underneath him. He pulled one of his skains from his pocket, "These are far too small for that, I could use 'em for whittling but wood dulls the blades awful quick. Could do with a hunting knife or an axe really." He mused aloud.

He didn't look up from his skain, defly flipping the blade in his fingers, as he'd practiced ever since the razor sharp weapons had been given to him. He wasn't sure if he should do what he was about to, his heart pounded uncomfortably heavy in his chest and he had to swallow hard to clear the lump in his throat. "We could also do with our leader back." He stumbled over his words then, having to cough to make his words work again. "I don't mean to be rude, and I know we haven't known each other long, but even I can tell that you haven't been yourself lately." This time he looked up, trying to find Sauls verdant eyes "And I know why. Not everyone in camp is blind, cousin. I've seen the way you look at her, and her abscence has not gone unnoticed. Whatever happened is none of my business, I wouldn't even pry that far into Brans feelings. But I feel I should tell you that I'm always up for a chat, my door is always open, so to say." Nier paused again, but before anything Saul said could stop him he added in a clear and strong voice Oh, and you can't help who you fall for. I have no qualms over the relationship, in fact... I approve."

Niernan dropped off the branch he had perched on, grabbing aholld of the branches below and swinging himself down to the forest floor where he sucked in a deep and shaky breath. He let the breath puff out unsteadily and stared down at his visibly shaky knees, frowning at them for a brief moment. He let a shudder run up his body, stilling the most of the shakes he felt from the adrenaline that had coursed through his body. The hormone had given him the strength to say those things to Saul, but now he'd finished the adrenaline abandoned him, leaving him shaky. Another shuddering breath stabilised him enough for him to speak. He looked back up to Saul and called, "What now? do we get tools or do we lay out the base?" Almost as if his ittle speech had never happened.

Word Count ~ 587

<style>
.NiernanBody .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; text-align: center;}
.NiernanBody p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.NiernanBody { font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justifyWink; background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:px 0px 10px 0px; min-height:273px; width:597px;}
.NiernanHeader {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Header.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:220px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
.NiernanFooter {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Footer.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
p.wc {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread