battling inner demons
[html]

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

[381]
-chews- aaaand end thread!

The sharp twinge in his knee was not an encouraging sign and Saul took a mental stock of himself. He knew nothing was broken or fractured, it wasn't that serious. But he could almost feel the burst blood vessels leaking blood, forming a bruise over his knee cap. It would be sore for a few days, but he didn't think it would get any worse. A soft scowl pursed his lips, irritated that he'd injured himself. It would hinder him however and Saul knew that their building would be cut short for the day. He at least wanted to lay down the floor of the tree house, a flat platform that would eventually give rise to a house in the trees. The sound of Niernan swinging back up the tree caused him to struggle to his feet, hoping his cousin didn't see him with a bruised knee. It wasn't to be as Niernans concerned voice came once more. Saul snorted softly, a quick shake of his head which did not necessarily mean a negative response.

I'm alright- I hit my knee though and I've got a big old bruise now.

He offered, the shake of his head given mostly as amusement at his own stupidity. He took the hunting knife from his cousin and began again, removing branch after branch and allowing them to fall to the ground. The pair chattered quietly to each other, exchanges of stories from their lives, directions and teaching on Saul's part to what his cousin should be doing. They managed to clear the tree of the branches that were in their way, creating a good sized pile at the trees base. They would use the branches some other way, but for now they were content to start laying down the foundations of their tree house.

By nightfall, the pair had managed to lay down a flat, stable platform. It had been a little difficult and they'd occasionally had to cut away chunks of the wood to get it to fit around the branches. But as they swung down from the branches, an accomplished grin on both their faces, they both felt satisfied that they'd managed to accomplish something that would benefit them all, even if it would serve as a playhouse for the boys.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXTa {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
height:200px; width:300px;
float: right;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:40px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXTa u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread