Making up for lost time. AW
[html]
There really are days I hate when characters write for themselves. Undecided I wanted him to be all...YAY!

He was cultivating the garlic and checking some of the pther plants in the garden, teaching Myrddin about them all. His boy had a natural talent for learning, he was quicker than any child Tal had known, except maybe Tameri. Even now, the boy was pestering him for more knowledge, more learning tools. Sky would have been proud. It seemd like a lifetime the wolfdog had left her mate and son, though perhaps it hadn't been as long as he thought. At the thought of his once mate, he thought he heard her voice.

Myrddin looked up, his ears going back. "Poppa, thats her."

Tal flinched at his son's sweet baritone. He had hoped that the voice was a figment of his imagination. As he realized that the voice was combined with two others, he glanced at Myrddin. They both, without a word, began a brisk walk to the border. Well, at any rate, it began as a walk and ended as a sprint. Both males were eager to see the little members of the trio. The oldest of the trio, not so much. After all, Sky had abandoned Myrddin. In the time she'd been gone, Tal had stiffened his upper lip and gone ahead with raising his son as a single father.

They arrived, Tal taking a moment to lift his hand to his still bruised ribs, broken by Liam weeks ago, shortly after Sky had left the two males. Myrddin charged ahead to greet his siblings, avoiding his mother as much as physically possible. Tal watched the pups, then turned a gaze to Sky. Part of him wanted to rush to her. Part of him cruelly reminded himself that she had done the same thing to Shawchert emotionally. Shawchert and left and come back to expect her to be waiting. Now it seemed to be her turn to find a closed heart on arrival. He glanced at Orin, who he hadn't noticed until she spoke. His voice was cold and distant as he spoke sharply.

"Thought I'd killed her? No. She left us." He caught Myrddin's mismatched gaze meeting his own. Myrddin's soft voice said one soft pleading word. "Poppa." Tal nodded, and Myrddin glanced at his siblings, then padded back to his father's side. Myrddin had no interest in his mother. Afterall, she had taken his sister and brother, and left him. She hadn't loved him enough to take him.

<style type="text/css">
.talleftmark b {font-weight:bold; color:#d1bfd7;}
.talleftmark p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.talleftmark {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/e7feid.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 140px 4px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]

Messages In This Thread