Making up for lost time. AW
[html]
OOC: Big Grin I've missed you guys! Sky has too, for the most part. xD Just try to ignore how much she's bashing on poor Skye and d'Arte. She's a bit cold hearted, remember.

When they started to appear, Sky held her ground. Lena and Cody sat still as well, as taught by their mother to always be careful. None of them moved nor spoke as old friends appeared. Orin first, then Taliesin, then Skye. When Orin appeared, she had a gray child with her. A cute pup that ran up to greet them as pups do. Cody's tail wagged slightly in greeting, but he kept silent for his mother. Sky watched on, not showing any emotion for a moment. Her eyes settled on Orin when she started to speak to her, though Taliesin appearing earned her gaze to him.

At the sight and sound of their brother, both Lena and Cody forgot their lessons and pounced into a joyous reunion. Happy yips and tumbling paws were shared, with Sky watching on. Her blue stare lingered on Myrddin the most, a pang of guilt hitting her. She'd missed him.

Skye appeared a moment later and words were spoken. The pups stopped their play to return to their respective care-takers' sides. One more quick glance around at the three who'd come to see her and Sky knew she had some explaining to do. But what could she say to fix this? Nothing.

"I'm not here to come back to d'Arte. I'm here to see my family." Her tone was steady, controlled as she addressed Skye first. "Cercatori d'Arte isn't safe, especially for my Lena. I won't have her grow up here." The words didn't match the tone; she spoke matter-of-factly, blaming no one in her voice and simply telling the leader why she wouldn't come back.

Then, viewing this as enough words to Skye, she turned next to Orin, smiling for the first time since their arrival. "It's good to see you again, Orin. We have some catching up to do sometime. I've missed your company and I'm curious to know who this little one is." She lowered her head enough to murmur a hello to the pup before smiling at Orin once more and finally turning to her mate and son.

"Myrddin." She couldn't help the crack in her voice as she looked down at her son, who so desperately ignored her up until now. "I know you think me to be the worst mom in the world, Baby, but it's better that you stayed with your father." Cody murmured his agreement, both he and Lena 'staring' at their brother with a mixture of confusion and disappointment.

Finally, she looked up at Taliesin. "I had to leave, Taliesin." She started, "Cody should have stayed with you and Myrddin. He followed us when we left. Had we have had the time, I would've brought him back here. He refused to leave Lena's side. It's the only reason he came." The mentioned pup lowered his head at the scolding tone. He knew he'd been disobedient in following after being told to stay with his brother, but he'd wanted to protect his sister. What was he supposed to do?

"Nothing I can say can change the fact that I left without a word. I left Myrddin with you as a sign I'd be back, and so you wouldn't be losing your entire family along with your mate. I didn't leave to spite you, nor my son. I left to find help for Lena." A journey wasted. No one could heal the girl's blind eyes, but at least now she had the experience and lessons in fighting that the young girl had a chance to survive, should she ever be seperated from her family.

"We need to talk. Alone. What I say now is no business of an entire pack." Those eyes went back to Skye for a moment, and as she sat on the outside of the borders, her pups by her side, she knew she had the right to speak freely and no reason to tell the woman anything now. Skye had failed in protecting her pack and had proven herself unworthy of her rank, in Sky's eyes. There was respect for an old friend there, but nothing more. Time away had cleared the wolfdog's head and until she could call d'Arte safe again, Skye would be to blame.

Her stare returned to Taliesin. "Tal. Myrddin. Walk with us. We'll stay near the borders, but there's much to discuss." It was spoken as a request. She stood, Lena and Cody doing the same. Her gaze went to Orin and that smile returned again. "As for you, I'll be expecting you to answer me next time I come calling. Like I said, we have some serious catching up to do. For now, though, I should see to my family first." With that, she turned to walk away from the borders, not turning back or stopped to see if Tal and Myrddin followed. It was up to them. If neither followed, she'd leave. There were places she needed to go and no time to waste being patient for a grown wolf to act childish and resentful.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread