Making up for lost time. AW
He watched as myrddin slipped behind him, their eyes meeting. Tal felt a familiar heartache as his once mate spoke, speaking of why she had left. He stayed silent. He stayed silent through her speech about why she had left, about why Cody and Lena hadn't been left here. He flinched as myrddins clear voice sounded. " You lie. You left me and you left poppa. But worse than that, you left tammi. I hate you for it Sky."

Tal felt torn only for a moment. Yet his loyalty was to the pack, had been to the pack before Sky, and would be to the pack long after the scars on his heart had healed over. He closed his eyes as the women exchanged heated words. Her summoning howl was met with a curse as Tal turned his back to the border. Perhaps forgiveness would come for the woman in time, but her words of the leader were unforgivable. It had not been Skye's fault that Liam had killed tameri, nor had it been her fault that he had been attacked in Halifax.

In fact, if Sky had not had left, Tal would not have been out looking for his former mate. He closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them again, his gaze seeking out the eyes of the leader. "I will guard the borders from her as well as I do Liam. She is no longer welcome in my life. I will not abandon the pack or the leader that has done everything to keep my loyalty."

He leaned down to scratch myrddins head, the boy leaning into his fathers caress.

Messages In This Thread