The floor is LAVA! [AW]
[html]

Later on after Sky's talked to Zalen about joining. Come and play? ;D

With the situation of joining New Dawn over and done with, Sky and her kids had a few hours to relax. They'd scoped out the den while the pack was out and about, finding a spot that was unclaimed and marking it at their's before heading back outside for some relaxation and fun. After an hour or so of lounging in the sun while the pups played, Sky decided she'd become bored.

She lept to her feet suddenly, fur on end and ears pinned forward as if startled. "Lena! Cody!" She cried sharply, earning their startled attention. Both pups stopped their tumbling and stood at attention, looking around to try and spot whatever danger their mother had. "The ground's lava! Quick, get to safety!" With that, she lept away and onto a rock nearby, standing as if touching the ground would truely burn her paws.

At first, the stared towards her in confusion. Then, recognizing the play in her words, the pair squeal in delight and mock terror, running for the nearest rock they could find and climbing on as quickly as they could, being careful not to fall off.

"Mom! Watch out! The lava's rising over there!" Cody shouted, acting the part almost perfectly. Lena giggled beside him, breaking the suspense but adding to Sky's mood of play. She yelped comically and lept over to their rock, standing above them carefully on her toes. "Whew. Thanks for telling me. It was hard to see through all that smoke and heat!"

"No problem, Mom. But what do we do now? It's so hot! We need to find water, right?" Cody looked up at his mother hopefully, Lena still in a fit of giggles beside him. Sky shook her head. "Can't. Nearest water's too far away. We'd never make it. We need to find shelter, and fast! Look!" She pointed her nose to the sky, where the clouds were white and fluffy and the sun was warm and shining above them.

Cody didn't catch on. Neither did Lena. "What? What is it, Mum?" Lena cried, trying to hide her giggles this time. "Fire balls! Raining down from the volcano! We need to find cover, and quick!" She looked around quickly and pretended not to see the den just a few feet away. "Cody, look around! Do you see anything?"

"The den! It's got rocks in it! We could go there!" Cody barked, pointing at it with his paw. Lena yipped her agreement. "But I don't see any rocks nearby to jump to. What do we do now, Mom?" Sky scanned the area. A rock a few feet away looked promising. Easy, even for them!

"That rock over there! Cody, you first. I'll bring Lena with me when I jump. Make sure it's safe!" Cody jumped into action, rushing for the edge of their rock and leaping for the other, scrabbling to catch hold before climbing up onto it victoriously. Then, he stepped back and barked his approval. Sky scooped Lena up between her teeth and lept for the rock as well, landing beside her son easily and setting Lena down infront of her. "Good job, my boy! Now, let's get inside the den. Hurry!"

The two pups moved to jump down but Sky stopped them by their tails. "Not that way. We have to climb up on top and swing in from above, or else we'll burn up! Come on!" With giggles the entire way, the trio climbed up onto the den's mouth and quickly filed into the den, laughing as even Sky tumbled along inside. The three landed in the middle of the den in a pile, laughing and giggling the entire time. An adorable sight to behold and a wonderful bout of play for the mother and her children...

<style type="text/css">
.skykids b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fa6b5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skykids .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.skykids p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skykids {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#faf5f1; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/246m1co.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e8175; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread