The floor is LAVA! [AW]
[html]

This thread just became 50% more cute. xD

Sky tensed at the touch, eyes snapping open. At first, she wanted to bite him, to move away. Then, she blinked at his words. So protective. She wondered for a moment if all of the pack would be like this to some extent. Zalen had been more than welcoming... and of course she'd known Deuce and Titania before joining. Shandom was nice too. She'd never felt more at home.

She gave a slight whine and returned his affection, which earned the curiousity of her kids. Having never seen their mother affectionate to anyone else but them before, they decided that something was up. Cody was the first one to come over, after whispering his view to Lena who gasped in surprise.

"What're you doin'?" Cody barked as he trotted over. Lena followed him by biting onto his tail, releasing as he sat and then she sat down beside him. "Is Mum sad again?" Lena whined softly, ears pinning back and sightless eyes pointed towards the air between the two adults.

Sky sat straight, smiled at the heartbreaking sight of her worried pups, then barked. "No, no. I'm fine, kids. Why don't you go and play outside for a bit? Mum wants to relax for a bit." The two exchanged nudges and yips, Cody sent on last suspicious glance at Tharin... and then the two ran for the exit. Before they left the den, both paused and looked back, suddenly appearing confused. "...are you sure it's okay if we go outside without you, Mom?" Cody.

"Of course. Just stay near the den and howl if you need me. Remember what I taught you. You'll be fine." The two exchanged another few nudges then ran out squealing. As their voices faded to muffled squeaks and yips, Sky sighed. "...I think they worry more than I do, sometimes." She cast a look to Tharin, brows raised and a tired smile on her face. After a moment, she stood. "...thank you, Tharin. It's comforting to know that they're safe here." She paused, then offered the male a quick nuzzle to the underside of his chin, an extra show of gratitude.

As she pulled away and trotted closer to the entrance of the den, as to keep a better eye on the kids as they played, her voice took on a more casual tone. "So how long have you been a part of New Dawn? We joined officially this morning, ourselves. Mind you, we've been here in the territory for two days... Zalen was giving us time to cope and decide." She settled down near enough to the entrance to hear and spy on her kids without getting in the way of anyone coming inside, wrapping her tail around her side as she folded her legs beneath her.

<style type="text/css">
.skykids b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fa6b5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skykids .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.skykids p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skykids {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#faf5f1; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/246m1co.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e8175; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread