New Lands, New Faces [J]
[html]

”Oh...” Biff took himself back to where he had come from in his mind. The place he had come from was little-known, but he thought that he would give it a shot. Perhaps the human cities nearby would help give the fellow he spoke with a better idea of where it was he came from. ”Near the large plains, but in mountains that overlooked it. The place was called Vedauwoo, by the humans, and there were two old human settlements nearby called Laramie and Cheyenne, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure just how far south it was, but I've been traveling for a few months now.”

The coyote listened as the Labrador explained what the pack was and what it stood for. A warrior pack, then? It was intriguing, and Biff found himself interested more than he was concerned. Fighting seemed to be a means of survival for this bunch, but it was for the better good. Not only were they fighting to keep themselves alive and healthy, but also for the safety of other packs. In a way, it was selfless violence – and while the violence part slightly frightened him the selfless part actually drew him in. Perhaps this was to be his new home.

”Skills?” The coyote paused a second, glancing down to his violin case. Really that was the only thing he considered a skill, as he was still very much just learning the ways of the world. Biff wished that he could add literacy to his short list, but the two books that he carted around with himself were as cryptic as an unknown language. ”I had been taught how to hunt with a bow and skin with a knife, though I would not consider myself particularly good at it.” Biff's brown eyes returned to the other's. He really did not have that much skill – ever since infection he had mostly just been interested in exploring the world and finding out all that he could about it.

”But I would be more than willing to learn anything, actually.” The coyote added with a more chipper attitude. If there was knowledge to be gotten in this pack then he would undoubtedly absorb it all. ”Weapon use, farming, horse riding, reading – especially reading. Wherever you guys have a vacancy I would gladly cover down on it for ya'. I mean, as long as I were useful I think I would be pretty content.”

Biff smiled slightly, hoping that his non-existent resume would not disqualify him from joining the pack. In all actuality he had been traveling for most of his new life, and there were only brief periods where he had been with others and picked up things like hunting, making fire, skinning, and minor threadwork and toolwork. Basically he knew the necessities to survive on his own, but almost nothing to better the advancement of others.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread