New Lands, New Faces [J]
[html]

At last the golden fellow seemed to behave a little more warmly, and Biff allowed himself to recover from his somewhat submissive demeanor. The guy's mentioning of learning how to read brought even more joy to the coyote, and he even allowed his tail to wag as the thought of finally figuring out that strange cryptic language which humans spoke wrote in. At last those two books inside of his satchel would open up to him, and the whole past of the mysterious humans would become known.

”Oh, my violin?” Biff glanced to his black case, and then back up to the other fellow. This was the second time the fellow had pointed out the instrument, and the fact that he was able to guess what was inside told the coyote that his new friend, here, was not a stranger to musical instruments. ”Yes, I can play it a bit; I don't know how to read any sheet music for it, or read at all for that matter, but I spent many evenings since I found it playing.” Biff seemed to fade into his thoughts for a quick moment. Music was something he enjoyed thoroughly, and ever since he began his travels he had always loved to hear it play. When he stumbled across the violin he was so excited that he nearly dropped it the first time he had it out of the case.

”You know, that is something I would like to learn how to do more than horses and swordplay, though using a weapon is something I look forward to knowing how to do: I want to learn how to read.” The coyote was being honest; perhaps a bit straightforward, but honest nonetheless. It looked as if he were going to ask another question, but hesitated and decided to change the subject. Biff seemed to be all over the place; ”...I never did catch your name.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread