A Use at Last
[html]

Ruffling her short hair one last time before the girl pulled away, Wayne smiled. He knew he would have to get used to this, but it would be easier now that Adelle was slightly more mature. Dealing with puppies never had been his strong suit, especially since he’d been wary of her grandfather the entire time. The language barrier had caused some issues as well (especially with his accent), but more time with the predominately English-speaking pack would help that.

The young warrior gladly listed off everything she’d done in her new form, and the Labrador cross chuckled before looking at her gloves. They really did look like they would pack a punch. “Remind me to never give ya a reason to hit me,” he said jokingly, touching the metal knuckles. Maybe he needed a pair of these, since he was so clumsy in fights and could do little more than brawl if he wasn’t in his vicious secui form.

Her icy blue eyes flicked to the horses eagerly, and he chuckled. “How ’bout this,” he said, laying a hand on her shoulder to get her attention. “We’ll walk to the barn to get tack first—saddle an’ bridle an’ whatnot.” He gestured vaguely to Fern’s back and head in case she didn’t understand the word. “Then you can ride her.” He patted the chestnut mare on the shoulder. “She’s big enough for ya,” he added, grinning slightly.

That said, he offered her the shovel to carry and gripped the handles of the dung-filled wheelbarrow. As he walked, the big horse followed placidly.

<style>
.mccozy .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.mccozy p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.mccozy b {color:#EDDE90; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px; }
.mccozy {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TEknZ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:30px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify; }
.mccozy .inner {margin:185px 10px 15px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:245px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread