We're going on a kitty hunt
[html]
LEVENT KARTAL
& wilson

Word Count → 447 :: No problem! <3

Unlike others, who hesitated at the mere mention of personal stories, Niernan seemed to have no problem answering the curious merchant’s question. He told of his mother’s homeland first, and Levent returned his grin; Ireland sounded right considering his way of speaking.

The other’s stumble only made him grin broader, but it wasn’t mocking or cruel in any stretch of the word. It was almost endearing how much this wolf was tripping all over the place, even though someone else might have seen the clumsiness as a weakness and an excuse to taunt with biting words. But, despite believing heavily in the powers of manipulation and taking advantage of weakness, Levent Kartal would never bully. It was something that hit far too close to home, beyond the fact that it often hurt productivity.

Wondering idly about what he’d do if the man did a face-plant again (which didn’t seem likely considering the caution with which he now walked), he listened to the explanation about the little group they lived in. Family—something that Lev never had much of, although what he had was always fine with him. Sounds nice, he said, and while it was the words of someone boredly giving their input, he was genuine enough. He couldn’t imagine being welcome there, if the family name meant anything.

He shook his head to dismiss the other’s apology and answered as promptly as the darker man did. I come from Türkiye, or Turkey. Technically I wasn’t born there, but I lived enough of my life knocking around the streets to consider it home. He had spent plenty of time waiting for his father in Istanbul, whenever Süleiman went off on his journeys. My father was from there, and my mother was from London, where I met Wilson. He shot a glance at the tom, who smothered an involuntary purr and trotted ahead to scout away from the distraction of conversation.

I’m new to Nova Scotia, too, Levent finished, lifting a shoulder in a shrug. I was a traveling merchant in Europe and Asia, until I heard about North America and decided to see if I could find something worthwhile in this place. He smiled somewhat ruefully, thinking of the ocean he would never cross again. He’d have to find something, or this whole journey would have meant nothing, leaving him away from the lands he knew—and leaving him to die, whether it came in a year or seven.

There was a meow from up ahead, and Levent’s ears shot up. The tomcat padded briskly back to the luperci, flicking his tail. I smell something here, and there’s some brown fur caught on one of the brambles.

table by raze; images from wikipedia commons

<style>
.kedikopek {font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align: justify; margin:0 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8UkKL.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; width:80%; min-width:500px; border-bottom:1px solid;}
.kedikopek .name {font-size:40px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:1px; color:#000; text-shadow:#000 0px 1px 3px; padding:10px;}
.kedikopek .name2 {font-size:35px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:1px; color:#fff; text-shadow:#000 0px 1px 3px; margin:-15px 0px 0px 115px;}
.kedikopek p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.kedikopek p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.kedikopek .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.kedikopek p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.kedikopek b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.kedikopek b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.kedikopek b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.kedikopek b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread