s t a r l e s s, whisper to me.
[html]

Word Count → 375 :: Out of Character text

The young hybrid considered the older woman's words. While she had her own beliefs and adhered to them closely, she didn't mind learning of others' opinions. It was what had led to her to Tlanti and Momoztli, after all. There was a certain truth to the skeletal woman's words, anyway. Although Ataxia wished she could live forever sometimes, she wouldn't want to risk being damned to one of the Hells instead of meeting her god.

There was a pause while Alessandra looked to the sea, and it wasn't like the uncomfortable one Ataxia had accidentally initiated before. It was almost natural, and she was disappointed when it ended with a question about her beliefs.

The girl hesitated, choosing her words carefully. She couldn't reveal her true beliefs to a non-coyote and have them tell her secret to her mother. "I believe in sacrifice," She took a seat down beside her. Normally she would not have mentioned it, as canine life was sometimes a delicate subject among others - but something told her this woman wouldn't be offended by the idea. "to protect Salsola and others. When I was a child, my mother sacrificed one of my sick, weaker siblings so the rest of us could live." There was a certain vulnerability in revealing this story, and for a moment she worried that she was wrong and had overestimated her companion's receptiveness to the idea, but it was too late to back out now.

"I also believe in... smaller sacrifices. Scars on one's own skin. Scarification, it's called." She pulled up one arm and exposed a small scar beneath her fur. "Mom has a spiral on her shoulder; I don't have anything as big or detailed as that yet, but I have plans." She glanced up at the older woman again. Suddenly, she noticed something she hadn't before - her long snout, and her large ears. Ataxia appeared thoughtful. Perhaps she was more coyote than she appeared. "It gives power... and purification."

The girl paused. "Not to be rude, but are you part coyote?" Her tone was more excited than accusing, which must have been very confusing to the other woman - Ataxia was all wolf in appearance, and the only thing coyote about her was her beliefs.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/isouZf6qbMVQM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:178px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread