Do not pray for me
[html]

(328)

Eris is by Kiri, a gift from Sylvey!

Isolation certainly was not the answer to her problems; it would only exacerbate them. With none to speak candidly to her, with none to soothe the hurt within her, the dark-furred coyote could turn only to distraction. Isabella might prove well for this task; while certainly not of the feminist persuasion, Eris had always preferred female company -- she felt she could be more honest, more herself, around women. Perhaps that had proved folly with Tlantli, but old habits died hard within the dusky Auxiliary.

The weir was as good a subject as any, though the sable hybrid did not think it truly one of interest to Isabella. The effort was what counted though, and it was distraction enough for the meantime. Certainly, she said, rubbing her hands one by one, as if they were stiff. Our river is special, you see -- it swells with the bay. You've seen the current, coming up the river backwards? Liliya called river magic -- I think it is this thing called a "tide," though I do not know how it works. The fish come up with the water, and when the water leaves, the rocks prevent the fish from escaping out and into the ocean.

The dark woman considered the cat, Amini, who padded over toward her and curled up beside her leg, a furry and warm presence. The domestic feline was far more affectionate than Itzcitla, who preferred his own company and did not engage in such behavior as this, the purring noise rising distinctly from the cream and white form beside her. Now there will always be fish in the river -- I would not like to live long on fish, but if there is nothing to be had on land, the woman trailed off, shrugging and looking toward Isabella. There was no expectation of praise, as there rightly should have been -- even if the dark hybrid hadn't been an arrogant creature thriving on praise, it was an accomplishment.

<style>
#erisKiri2 {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri2 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#erisKiri2 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#erisKiri2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread