power, power, the law of the land
[html]

(406) Read here that kids are less likely to suffer rib fractures? Dra is pretty young, so I think she is okay, just kind of "ow wtf" and will have big bruising there? Also, I think my pNPC gon' die.

Draugr is by me!

The sword gleamed in the dull light, and Draugr stared at it, awed by the length of the weapon and its glittering, deadly edge. How could she compete, with only teeth and claws? This moment of hesitation cost her, for the horse bore down on her. It was only Morana's stick that again saved her, though this time as the branch smashed into the rider, it shattered, leaving both Dra and Morana weaponless. The impact was enough to send the rider veering off-course, however, and Draugr cleared his horse's hooves again with a leap.

Panting, the youth realized she could not keep this up for long. Now that her companion was weaponless, it was even more dangerous. The wolfdog glowered toward the horse and charged him, keeping low to the ground. Her pale purple eyes were focused on the hooves of his horse, for his sword was held in the opposing hand, and she was certain he could not strike her from this side. Morana was running, too, clutching a rock in her hand. The woman was resourceful, at least. She pitched the rock as Draugr flung herself at the horse's forelegs.

There was a sudden and sharp jolt as the horse's knobby knee connected with her flank, and she was flung aside, rolling and landing on her side, skidding to a stop. She was dazed a moment, but she was faintly aware of a commotion -- the horse was on the ground, hooves flailing wildly as it attempted to right itself. The rider wasn't making a sound, but he hadn't throughout the fight -- Dra lifted her head and then stood more quickly, aware of a wickedly sharp pinch in her side each time she inhaled.

Morana jumped toward the dark wolf, using her fists and claws to beat at him. Dra moved toward them, her speed hindered by the pain. Perhaps she had broken or fractured a rib. Grunting, she maneuvered around the horse, who was standing. The rider was still pinned to the ground by Morana, but he was apparently much stronger than she was -- he was winning, pushing her off by his manual strength alone. She toppled over and the man reached for his sword as Draugr leapt forward. She had skirted around them both and was not visible to the man -- he cried out as she did, but still tried to swing the sword toward Morana.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread