step outside these walls
[html]
<3 <3 <3 WC: 230

Colibri was aware she was not being the best conversational partner out there, but she gave herself the excuse that she had not intended to speak with anyone today. Saul was a friendly and harmless wolf, and she felt a shadow of guilt for not being able to muster up a genuinely friendly response to him. He should know, though, that the fact that she was being polite at all and playing along was a feat in itself. She raised her eyebrows at his question, surprised at his forwardness. She shook it off, though, assuming he meant no harm by it. It stung a little to realize the answer was basically 'yes'.

"...Ah... well, I've been with several packs in the area... Crimson Dreams, before that Dahlia de Mai... two others when I was a pup, but something always came up, I suppose. I've been a lone wolf longer than I've been a pack one." She tried to shrug and sound casual, but it was difficult to keep the morose tone from her voice. She hadn't wanted to leave any of them, really, and it was her own broken personality that kept getting in the way. "Why, were you in a pack before?" she countered, perhaps a little too tersely. Her ears angled back in a silent apology, but she merely pursed her lips stubbornly and waited for his reply.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread