step outside these walls
[html]
sad post is sad! o: WC: 440

The news blindsided her. Coli had worried about Conor's well-being as soon as she had returned and found no traces of him or Dahlia de Mai, but she had never stopped to consider the worst possible scenario. And here it was; her brother was dead. Saul had no reason to lie to her, and the sadness in his gaze was genuine. She wanted him to be a liar, someone she could snarl at to be silent and tell her the truth instead. Angry denial started to build as she flexed her claws against the pavement, trying to process the terrible information. Conor couldn't have a son, he was too young for that. And Lykoi, wasn't that a coyote name? Impossible, Saul needed to get his facts straight. There was no way that actually happened.

But her defenses had already been shattered, and soon a hollow look of despair flitted behind her glassy eyes. Who could have done such a thing? Conor Soul was the sweetest, kindest child; he had not deserved to have his life cut so short, not by anyone. She, Colibri, was the one who deserved to die. Time and time again, she escaped the jaws of death with her own miserable hide intact, and now she had outlived little Conor. "...That's not fair," she said, voice thick with emotion. It would not do to cry in front of this acquaintance, but her vision was shimmering anyway through the unbidden tears. "Who is... Itachi Lykoi? Where does he live, why did he...!" A wave of righteous anger washed past her grief, as she gnashed her teeth and laid her ears flat. There was no way anyone who knew Conor would have hurt him. But she could hurt them, oh yes, she could make this murderer pay for his horrible crime. Even towards her despicable father, she had never wanted vengeance as badly as she did now.

Coli swallowed hard, trying to calm down and continue their conversation. It was hard to focus on anything, though, she was wracked with guilt and rage and so many conflicting emotions. It was exhausting. This tragedy had taken place an entire year ago, if Saul was correct, but it was still raw for her. "I hope... Lilin and I can become close. I lost my brother... but I gained a sister..." She spoke dully, suddenly feeling so weary and old. The world kept knocking her down, and she had less and less reasons to stand up again. "...Thoughts I would rather escape, indeed," she repeated, the corner of her mouth twisted into the barest semblance of a smile, grim though it was.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread