step outside these walls
[html]

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

[399]
<33

The silence stretched before them and Saul respected the lack of communication. It had been such an unexpected twist in the conversation- Saul wouldn't have lied to her if he'd been able to go back and redo this disastrous exchange of words and information. He was acutely aware that he'd just sent Colibri's world in a spinning, crashing turn and he could see the depression weighing her down. Like a tangible black cloak on her shoulders, it was easy to see that the information crushed her. Guilt washed over the male as he waited, head still ducked and ears lain back against his head. He didn't want to be associated with the bad news, but at the same time she needed to be told. She could have spent the rest of her life looking for Conor, never knowing what had happened to him.

For a moment, he thought perhaps she might work away but she spoke, answering his questions about Lilin. She seemed insecure, unsure of her familial ties with Lilin, unsure of any kind of relationship they might have. He understood those feelings though- he felt pretty similar about Lilin at the moment. He knew what he felt for her was something far beyond that of a cousin to his distant relative. It was something more, much more that he knew nothing about. He looked towards the female, his mind whirring and throwing him images of the party, where they'd all agreed t try and start a pack.

I don't know if you'd be interested... But in light of recent events, perhaps you could use some support. Lilin and I are planning on creating a pack to the North. I would be pleased if you'd consider joining us.

He offered, hoping she would see it as a way of getting to know Lilin better, as well as perhaps having somewhere to recuperate and grieve for her brother. Her soft voice came again and he allowed green eyes to widen softly with surprise. How was it she could see what they couldnt? He snorted softly, a frustrated huff of breath before he nodded. I am the fortunate one, although she can't see that. He offered, tone soft and just a little upset. He knew he would have to return to the Lakes soon, Temeraire would be fretting and he never knew, Lilin might want to speak to him again.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXTa {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
height:200px; width:300px;
float: right;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:40px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXTa u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread