notch, draw, loose
[html]

Footsteps announced the approach of her instructor for the day, and Vesper offered the Discens a small smile. Her eyes found the arm that had been injured by the dog, although she quickly realized her mistake and hoped that the glance had been subtle enough. It occurred to her that she didn’t connect to enough of her clan mates as friends in the true sense, but at least she was on top of their protection, and it was getting easier and easier to organize things.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” the Optio grunted, turning toward the forest. She ogled the nearest tree, deciding that would be as good a target as ever unless Alma had a better idea (which was plausible, since Ves had almost no idea what the hell she was doing). She cleared her throat and decided it would be best to inform the other woman what she knew, just so they wouldn’t have to go over the lessons again, but as she spoke she realized it was a pitiful amount of knowledge.

“I know you’re supposed to hold it something sort of like this,” she said, and tried to adopt a strong stance. She lifted her arms, holding the bow with her right as her dominant left hand found the string. Raising the weapon, she pulled back the string to her cheek—and then slowly lowered it, rather than just letting the stupid thing go.

“Or something,” Vesper muttered. “I haven’t actually, well, shot off an arrow yet.”

Yeah, that's what I imagined!
Also, feel free to assume Vesper is sucking at this! xD

<style type="text/css">
.vesarrow .space {width:170px; height:120px; float:right}
.vesarrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c54d55; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vesarrow b.npc {color:#3c3555;}
.vesarrow p.ooc {text-indent:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; font-size:11px; font-family:tahoma;}
.vesarrow p {text-indent:025px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vesarrow {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#c7ac9d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/r6nYq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; border-top-right-radius:30px; border-bottom-left-radius:30px; padding:240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: garamond; font-size:15px; color:#855855; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#c7ac9d 0px 0px 4px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread