First Words
[html]

Poor dear!

Word Count → 400+

Palaydrian could not stop thinking about the canine that had attacked Kiara. How could humanity allow such a thing to happen? Occasional fights for dominance or land occurred in the natural wolf world all the time, but maliciously attacking someone with the purpose of infecting them was unheard of. Drin shivered with the thought. She had purposely not told Kiara that a non-blood first shift was probably more painful than what hers’ had been, but she didn’t want to overburden the young mother with anymore bad news. The tawny femme remembered asking her grandmother what it was like, as Fawn had not carried the gene from her natural birth mother, and Syliat had ended up biting her when she was still a pup.

It felt like fire in my veins and then all over my body, but I had asked Syliat to curse me. I had wanted to be like her even though she told me it would be a great suffering,” a wide eyed pup stared up at her grandmother completely engrossed in the fact that her shifting was so natural compared to Fawn’s. “The burning continued for days like an unbreaking fever and still I did not change. At one point I begged Syliat to take my life as the pain was becoming unbearable, but that was hours before I slipped into an unconscious state and when I awoke, I was looking down at my new form.” A young Drin gasped in excitement before her grandmother could go on. “The shifting became easier after that first nightmare, but never without some pain and I occasionally feel sick after its all said and done, but...” the golden wolf crouched down lower over her grandchildren, “It was worth it!” she whispered with glee as the pups scurried off to get ready for bed.

It was a memory the young Soul would treasure, but at the moment, Kiara didn’t need to know how much she would suffer once the virus took hold. She would be there nonetheless, assuring her and offering her words of encouragement, all the while ready to talk the she-wolf down from any crazed suggestions of taking her own life. “Of course,” the golden fae nodded, “it’s the least I can do, and nobody should be alone for their first shift.” Her smiled at the white wolf. “But let’s talk of something else, a less heavier subject. How did you come to these lands Kiara, and are you without a pack?” The young wolf asked, her new acquaintance looked like she needed something else to occupy her mind for the time being.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.drinwolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread