Luperci Woes
[html]

WC: ?

Full and happy, the arctic female wanted to do nothing more than to drift into a relaxing nap. She settled down onto the soft grass and tucked one paw underneath her chest. The others she spread out to the side as she laid down on her side. Her fluffy tail thumped against the ground lazily before it settled down and became still. Kiara let one ear rotate as the other one was trained on Tharin. The giant male spoke of his complete surprise to the existence of luperci. Perhaps that was why he was having so much trouble. Kiara's pack had lived in the southern most recesses of the arctic where whispers of the shifters could be heard. The young mother could only imagine how much differently her encounter with the luperci could have gone if she too had been unaware of their existence.

"Become human?" She asked questioningly as she attempted to finish his statement. There had always been a sneaking suspicion in her mind that the luperci wanted in some ways to become human. The shifters idolized the human artifacts and lived in their houses with the doors that Kiara hated so much. Frankly, she couldn't see why any wolf would want to become human. They died after all, so mimicking a failed species was a ridiculous notion in her mind. On top of that, her father's stories of humans always made them seem evil and undesirable. They were like the monster of her childhood and the abandoned and run down buildings in her arctic home were like ghosts and marred the beautiful land.

"I don't think I will ever be able to understand the luperci ways. I can only imagine how Lucia and Kohaku will react to the shifters. I haven't told them about the luperci yet because I am afraid they are too young to understand." The alabaster wolf shook her head and looked towards her den. Although she could not see it, she knew it wasn't far off and inside her puppies were waiting for her to return.

<style>
.fishing .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fishing p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fishing b {color:#125F24; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.fishing {background-color:#208F3A; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... ishing.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; border-top-right-radius:40px; border-top-left-radius:40 px; margin:0 auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.fishing .inner {margin:250px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread