maybe where the roads part
[html]
and his eyes have all the seeming of a demon’s that is dreaming

and the lamp-light o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor

There was a small pause before her sister pushed through the pelt flap and padded down the den, and Vesper noted that she was in her lupus form. For some reason, she had stuck to optime since joining—as far as Ves could see—but she looked a lot more comfortable in her natural shape. She was very pretty, with mottled fawn fur and a petite body, her pale-tipped plume of a tail held behind her. The Optio wasn’t sure if she had expected her to look younger.

Stark croaked softly as the woman glanced at him, but today he was quiet, remaining off to the side to let the sisters talk. He tilted his head and faced away, and Ves knew that he’d pretend not to understand what they were saying. A smile nearly graced her lips before she looked back at her sibling.

“Yeah,” the scarred coyote agreed lightly, looking down at some of the scars on her skinny forelegs. She couldn’t remember where half of them had come from, although most were likely careless snaps during battle. Only a few would be permanently etched into her memory, such as the bites Oliver gave her before his death, or the wounds left by Marcel.

Thoughts of their father made her uncomfortable, so she went on. “I’ve always been a loner at heart, but—Inferni is the only pack that I really respect and believe in. It’s been really different for me, too, but…good.” She smirked as she borrowed her sister’s adjective. Truly, though, she loved the pack despite the conflicts in her heart before her promotion.

The thanks were unexpected, though, and Vesper flattened her ear. “I—you found your way here.” She shrugged and averted her eyes uncomfortably. “I just forced your ass into the clan so the wolves wouldn’t eat you.” She ran her paw lightly around the edge of the stuffed hide, frowning. Normally confident to the point of easy arrogance, she found herself stammering around this girl she should know. Sighing, she gave up on the eloquence and meaningful questions and asked:

“Are you making any friends?”

table by raze; pattern by dinpattern

<style type="text/css">
.Blurven {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/xK6vD.png') repeat; width:80%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #4C5963;}
.Blurven .SubTitle {text-align:center; color:#fff; font-size:20px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 2px 2px 3px #000; font-family:'Glass Antiqua'; line-height:15px;}
.Blurven .SubTitle2 {text-align:center; color:#fff; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #000; font-family:georgia; line-height:10px;}
.Blurven .Input {margin:10px 20px; background-color:#a9bdce; color:#4C5963; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.Blurven .Input b {color:#fff; text-shadow:#586773 1px 1px 2px;}
.Blurven .Input p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 10px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread