a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Word Count → 412 :: ooc here

With the wind blowing gently against her face, and the fact that she had her guard down, she did not notice that she was near another being before one spoke. She was half-surprised, her heart jumping up to her throat and gaze whipping to the one who called her. But, as soon as her fear register, it went; she did not expect to be alone among these open lands, and the man that was accompanied by a smaller one and a bird looked friendly enough. At least, they did not sneak upon her and attacked when she was not paying attention, and that spoke a few words within it.

His accent was odd, reminding her of a group of canines she met before, but it was different than them—their words sounded off the tongue so strangely, but again this one was unique to her ears. Moreover, his words made no sense at first, and wondered if he was talking to someone else. No, you’re the only one out here, she reminded herself spitefully, but a friendly mask stayed on her face despite her self-demotion. “Ah… Greetings,” she called back, hoping that the two words meant some sort of salutation, since it only made sense in this situation, and raised a small, tanned hand to return his wave.

As he approached her, she flipped her hood down, to make her less suspicious; at all times, she was thinking of Inferni, and how she could be representing it. “Market…? I don’t believe there are any of those here,” she said softly, slightly confused by his words. She remembered the ghost of talks about some festival were canines brought items, or something like that, but apparently they were long gone before she stepped into these lands, since there had not been recent talk of it, and wondered if the male had come after hearing such things, and came too late.

“We—the packs, I mean—we all trade with each other, if you mean that. Though I’m not heading for a pack in particular, I do have some things…” For a moment, she was silent, not knowing if he was interested in her pelts for trade, but continued a short second later, “My name is Sparrow, sir.” Despite giving her name, she did not feel any less awkward towards the male, the usual when meeting someone new, and added, to be a bit more helpful though she was not too demanding, “What’s your name?”

<style>
.sparraze3-box {float:right;}
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparraze3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread