a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: OOC words here.

Zeitgeist hadn't figured that such simple words could not be interpreted. Certainly he knew about the differences in languages given his life at port but it had slipped his mind that there were some that still speculated over such simple greetings. But then again he had met those who could care less what the words actually but rather cherished the sound of them. The language could easily be speculated to be among the ones that one would consider romantic. Ah, it truly was a beautiful language but Zeitgeist had learned to abandon it except for a few choice words that he sprinkled in throughout conversations that he was holding. The Italian greeting was simply among the repertoire of words that he had yet to have given up on. To him it just sounded better, and often made a better impression, then a crude 'Hey you.'

"Ah, such a pity. It has been too long since I've been able to banter back and forth for a good deal." Zeitgeist clucked his tongue and shook his head before speaking up again with a hint of a chuckle to his words. "Tis strano what one misses whence it can't be found again. Ah, the haggling was great and even better the feeling of knowing you wrangled out the best deal possible. But I suppose what I miss the most is the simple act of conversing with a group." That wasn't to say that he didn't enjoy the company of Guillotine and Ptolemy but simply that they couldn't wag their tongues as Z could his own. After all look at how many words for him to get a single point across. Certainly he could have shortened it and used fewer words but where was the fun in that? He figured that the more that he spoke then the more he could possibly pry out of the female as well.

Zeitgeist gave a tilt of his head to her words. "Packs, Signora?" The way he questioned it showed that this wasn't a concept that he was used to. Just as she would probably be lost in the markets that he had so often frequented back in Europe. Again he had to wonder why this place had been marked upon his map when he was just finding one vast difference after another from the sort of life that he was used to living.

When the female introduced herself a smile worked across his lips as he bowed his head. The male reached out a hand in an attempt to try to grab one of Sparrow's so that a soft lick might be delivered to the back of it in a form of greeting. "Passero, il mio piccolo Passero. They call me Zeitgeist. The boy is Guillotine and the bird is Ptolemy. Guillotine has been with me since I purchased his freedom back in London while Ptolemy is a recent addition from this place called Freetown. Have you heard of that? Tis not far from here really. Nothing like the markets you will find in Europe but certainly bigger than anything I have found up this way." Of course she had said there were none which would of course make it bigger. "Ah, forgive my rambling. You were going to tell me about what you have?" The thought struck him that she had mentioned having a few things and caused him to straighten up once again.

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread