a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Word Count → 705 :: Spar is too trusting, lol. xD

Zeitgeist’s words did not make any more sense than they had before, but she did try her best to understand what he was saying. More often than not these days, her upbringing seemed to be pitted against her, and saw that she needed to get with the modern times and terms in order to socially function. Thankfully, Inferni was not as human-dependent as some of the packs, and did not feel the immediate need to conform into this strange lifestyle, though she was slowly creeping into every day. The reading was her baby steps, and now learning how to use weapons and horses made her wonder if she will ever remain what some would call “feral”.

She smiled, being a bit crooked with its half-heartedness, when she thought about apologizing ahead of time if she lacked the moral of a conversation; she was more of a listener than a talker, and he spoke of the want of discussion. But, she remained quiet, hoping to not ward him because of voicing her low level of self-esteem. His words were grabbing at her attention, too, as she began to understand them better, wishing to hear more about himself and to not chase him off.

“As far as I know, there are a couple of packs around here… There’s one south of here—my clan, Inferni—another more west from this point, and one north, you might’ve passed it by without noticing it. There are even more the more south you go, but I’m not sure how many, and no one has told me much about them, though I do know there is a pack that mainly revolves around trading. Though we don’t have… markets, we have enough packs around to supply most of our needs and some of our wants.” Sparrow hoped this was a satisfaction enough. She could have elaborated, but wanted to keep her statements short and to the point; if he was curious about the packs and expressed further interest, she would be glad to oblige.

She felt a bit uncomfortable as the dog-man gently licked her hand, but allowed the motion to occur; she did not wish to offend him, but still did not like to be touched nonetheless. He spoke in strange words again, but decided against asking what he meant, and listened to the rest of the words, which held better clarity. She glanced at the smaller male and the bird as Zeitgeist mentioned them, and wondered why the both of them remained quiet. She would have thought that Guillotine would have spoken for himself, and ever since learning that the Infernian ravens could voice a few choice words of the predator language, assumed that birds now held the knowledge to speak, which accounted for Ptolemy. But, both remained silent, which did not bother Sparrow all that much, being the more calm soul herself.

“No, I’m afraid I haven’t… I lived, um, out of the ways, I guess you say. More northeast than here, so I don’t know much of the area.” She did not want to outright admit that heard no such things before, so hid it behind the fact that she was new, which was the half-truth, at least. She smiled meekly as he apologized for no reason, but took it in case he would take offense of she had not. “I may not seem much now, but I got a couple of pelts… You said you were not of this land, right? If you have not heard, these lands are colder that some, even during the fall it can get harsh. If caught unprepared, you would be going through a tough winter.” She opened her bag and slid out her finest rabbit fur, its coloration so beautiful that she would say even caught her unmaterialistic eye. “I’ve heard that pelts are the best way to keep comfortable during the dark months, and I got a few more on me. Are you perhaps interested?” She had tried her best to sound suave and to make her items more attractive by pulling out the best, but she was not sure if it would work against Zeitgeist, whom seemed to be a master at trading and bartering from what he said.

<style>
.sparraze3-box {float:right;}
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparraze3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread