a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: Awwe, well good thing Zeitgeist isn't vicious.

It was not only her that faltered with the things that he spoke of. But then again look at where they lived and where he had come from. It really was like two different worlds entirely. So no, it seemed like only those whom had lived overseas would be the ones that were able to understand just what it was that he spoke of. That they would be the only ones who could share his sentiments. Only those that would be able to mourn the missing market with him.

"So these packs, what are their purpose? What does it mean to be a pack? If one centers on trading then why is there no market? How do they obtain business without having a market to do it in?" Just as she couldn't understand her world he couldn't understand hers. He was used to a centralized place from which to obtain wares and then families living in their separate abodes about such a thing. For there to be no such thing out this way simply didn't make sense to him. How was food obtained then if it couldn't be traded for? Were those living in this area proficient and every single aspect of what it took to live and survive?

While Ptolemy could talk Guillotine lacked the ability. Zeitgeist had heard the bird speak more, or well squawk mostly when he wished for attention, in the short time that he had him then he had heard Guillotine say in the entire time that they had been together. It was just something that Z had to get used to as neither could continue a back and forth which is what he had desired for when he had obtained both companions but ended up finding each lacking. But while neither talked to his satisfaction they were each entertaining in their own rights.

"Ah, I've only heard tales of this place existing when I was still living overseas but no story could have prepared me for what I found out here." Or really the lack of what he was finding really. "Hm, I will have to take the measures to prepare myself then." He spoke the words thoughtfully as he looked over what it was that she pulled out. "This is lovely, nice texture." The pelt was complimented as he caressed his fingers through the fur. "I'm afraid it is on the small side if I were to try and use it to remain warm in the winter. There is simply no way that it could cover me." He looked up from the pelt to the cloak that the female was wearing. He reached out a hand to try to touch the cloak while trying to catch the female's gaze with his own and hold it, a smile on his lips to show that he wasn't upset. "Perhaps something like this is in order. But with sleeves, you know to keep the arms covered while allowing for movement. And perhaps some form of fastening to keep it closed." Zeitgeist was musing allowed what would most likely work best for him during the winter. "Do you think you could manage that? Take as much time as you need so long as I get it before it gets cold. I will even allow you to name your own price and I will find some way to pay whatever you ask for. You can also decide what place you would find comfort in this trade taking place as there is no market to do such at." So while there wasn't much he could do with what it was that she had now he was willing to work out a deal for later. "Don't forget about something for the boy as well. And what about Ptolemy? Do you think he requires something as well?" This was Zeitgeist's first bird and so he wasn't certain if their feathers were enough to survive the winter with or not. It was something he would have to learn as he went along.

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread