a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Word Count → 625 :: occ here

“The purpose?” Sparrow did not think much about exactly why the packs were here. “Well… Some people seek power, I guess, though some of them don’t… I guess like-minded canines just tend to gather into one place.” Or, in some cases, the same species; she knew Inferni did not take kindly to wolves, but welcomed coyotes of all the likes, it was almost like a sanctuary for them in a land of wolves. “To be in a pack, well, you have fellowship, people to rely on… And, a purpose for yourself, I guess. Like, you have a duty to protect your own, and provide for them. It’s a good thing to do.” Of course, this was her opinion, and she did not know if Zeitgeist was a man for many, or just for himself, having only just met.

“W-well… Um, I don’t know. We all just mind our own business and usual try to keep to ourselves, besides to trade, I guess. No one seems too interested to make a market when there are their people to take care of. Or maybe no one wants one person to hold that much sway in things. It’s complicated,” she murmured, still thoroughly confused as to why he was still stuck on the idea of a market. But, the more he pointed it out, the more it made sense: why didn’t they have a market? The question did not stick long in her head, though, since she did not hold as much affinity for collecting items she thought were not essential for her survival or personal comfort.

When he said there was not enough to make use of anything with one pelt, she wanted to point out that she had more. But, before she could speak, he began to her cloak, which she found strange. Sparrow also felt uncomfortable by the action, but she did not want to make it seem like she was, so she kept her gaze on the dog’s, their emotion unchanging. She listened to his musings, finding them practical. But, she at first thought they were only just thoughts, until he became clear that he wanted her to make such a thing. It was not like she was not capable, just merely surprised he was asking her, which made her feel happy; no one ever asked anything from her, and it was a good thing to find someone needing something from you. “W-well… It may take me two months, getting the pelts and then making them, but I can do it,” she said softly, her excitement barely shown.

“The bird… I’m not quite sure.” She never heard of birds minding the weather, but then again, she never saw a bird like Ptolemy. “I could try, maybe… Like, a, um, a vest?” she guessed, trying to think of the correct name for the clothing. She thought it had to be something that did not restrict his wings, and thought of something like that. “It would not hurt to make one, just in case... When I am done, we can meet up back here—when the moon is just like it is tonight after two, full cycles. I will be finished by then.” She was quiet for a moment, unsure what she could get in return for her services. She was not a woman of many needs, and instead tried to think of what Inferni needed. “What can you offer for me in exchange for this…?” She asked hesitantly, showing that she was a bit wary; Zeitgeist had spoken how he made off with the best deals. She wanted to show that she would try her best not to be unfairly traded with without directly hinting it. While she lacked market etiquette, she had common sense.

<style>
.sparraze3-box {float:right;}
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparraze3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread