a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Word Count → 633 :: ooc here

She felt a little bad when she realized that she was being a little snappish, and it was obvious she felt guilty as she frowned as the thought came to her. There was probably an excuse to explain her shortcomings—perhaps she was still tensed about the Boreas, nervous that the man would think lowly of her if she was to reveal her less than modern upbringing, unwilling to talk about things she barely had a grasp on. But, she was not the one to make up for her actions with words when they were already dealt, knowing they could only mean so much in the long run. “Seriously though,” she said, her tone shifting back to a more friendly sound, even encouraging, “I don’t think anyone would stop you if you tried to make a market yourself… I know others who would enjoy that. You can recreate such a place for others to embrace and remember the feeling as well.”

She nodded when he spoke of information about the packs, willing to share whatever she knew about the claimed territories that cluttered Nova Scotia with the traveling Zeitgeist. Others knew more than her, practically seeing some of the packs form before their eyes subsequent to their joining of the lands, but Sparrow herself knew the basics, and was eager to learn more as well. But, for now, she had to settle what she knew and tell the man about them. First, though, she wanted to get the trade settled with.

She smiled a bit at the words he spoke, but again felt a little bad that he seemed to be taking her words directly to heart. “I was trying to be funny, I guess—I didn’t mean to act like I was offended… Sorry,” the woman apologized, her gaze glancing at the ground for a moment only to return to Zeitgeist’s. She had to remind herself that she was not yet a master of speech, and whenever she tried to be clever, it may as well have been a blunder, and instilled that thought in her mind for her to remember for further conversations. “But, I guess there are other things I would enjoy,” she mused, trying to think of activities that would’ve been hindered if she decided on the original time set. Not many came to mind, but she kept that in herself, if it made the male feel better about the extended time.

“And, yes, the best condition there is… It won’t be of much use to me at the present, but, it could come in handy to me some day,” she agreed, thinking about some of the ways it would help her. If she couldn’t think of anything to do with it by the time it came to her… Well, some canines enjoyed baubles and oddities, and it wouldn’t be hard to trade with a thing such as that. May the months in between would allow her to think of important items needed for Inferni, and a bicycle could allow her to get such things.

She clasped her hands together in finality, and added, “Well, if that’s all there is, I wouldn’t mind just simply chatting with you, like in the markets? We could talk about the packs.” The woman began to settle herself on the ground, her legs crossing each other Indian-style, and placed her bag on her lap, the long grass reaching up to her shoulders. “I have some meat, if you guys want some—it’s fresh, caught just last night, roasted waterfowl.” She packed a rather large meal for her size, thinking she would be traveling all day and wouldn’t return back to her den until the next morning, but with company, there was enough to comfortable share with all, even the boy and the bird.

<style>
.sparraze3-box {float:right;}
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparraze3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread