a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Word Count → 727 :: ooc here

“Well, maybe when you get enough things, you’ll be able to do it. You never know, it may be a great thing to create.” Whatever the man would do, she hoped that he would be happy, or at least be satisfied with what he could do or find. The idea of a market was as farfetched as ever, but, she held no doubt of its possibility; she once snorted at the idea of a pack of canines living underground, in the mountains, but it was obviously true when she had met such one wolf that scented of earthy musk and the smoke of fires that lit dark passageways into the mountain. If realistic enough, she believed anything in these lands could happen, if one had enough moral and necessities to perform it.

Sparrow became awkwardly silent as Zeitgeist directly inquired about her enjoyments, and even further so as he continued. “W-well, honestly, I don’t. Sure, I scout my clan’s borders, but that only takes up few hours of my day… I don’t even hunt—I have traps that do such for me.” She did not mention her lack of hunting finesse, and continued, “I guess that’s why I’m out here, just looking for something to do.” She wished she was more involved in with Inferni, but now that the Boreas were quiet, she wanted to give everyone space, since they were still burdened by dark thoughts and remaining anger. “But, I’m glad to have something to work on, it’ll give me something to do instead of wandering around.”

“I’m afraid not,” Sparrow answered regrettably, again not enjoying that she was coming up short. But, a thought occurred to her, and she quickly left her sit, parting and searching through the grass. After about thirty seconds of silent looking, she sighed in relief as she found what she looked for. “Have you ever tried bilberries before?” she asked, bending over to pick a few of them for the group to try, walking back over to them with a handful of the blue berries. “It’s not wine and sweetbread… but these are sweet. And, they seem to be a bit juicy, so they could work, too?” If the man had his hand out, she gave him the berries, a slight smile on her face, thinking about early memories of her mother showing them to her before. She did not know if the dog ate plants, but she hoped he would not reject them, she herself finding them a good treat when coming across them, though she never sought them out daily.

“As far as I know, there’s about four packs that’s very close to us, though one of them is up the mountains, a bit far away. The one that’s farthest north is the wolf pack, New Dawn… I think they only like wolves, though.” She had to grimace a bit as she remembered their slight distaste for coyotes, but she did not dwell on it as she handed out the pieces of meat she had proportioned while talking to the men. “Then there’s the mountain pack, Anathema; they’re pretty welcoming to everyone, but… they just have a weird vibe about them. Then there’s my clan, Inferni, though I don’t think you’ll be welcomed there—only coyotes may join.” Sparrow then frowned further, and sighed at the next information she was sharing.

“And there’s Salsola, the pack that’s closest west. Inferni and they are on good terms but… I heard some bad things about them. They take in slaves, canines that are not Luperci as their servants and making them undergo the transformation themselves.” Her tone was bitter, and it was obvious to see that the last part struck her the most emotional. “I mean, even their leader is strange. I saw him a couple of weeks ago, and he just looks so… smug, proud. Like, even if you never met him before, he was better than you just by default, you know?” She never spoke to the man, and she highly doubt she would ever, but just by his usual suave demeanor she was warded off by him. She huffed at her ranting, and became a little meek. “Eh… sorry for that. It’s just that, no one likes to talk about it. Anyway, I heard about a dog pack farther south, maybe that could be to your fancy?”

<style>
.sparraze3-box {float:right;}
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparraze3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread