a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Word Count → 551 :: she ~finally~ mentions Sirius's name. xD pm me if you don't want her, too, and i'll easily edit it out.

“The lessons would be quick—most of it is easy, using the things around you for one’s own benefit. I’ll be willing to share some rope with you if you lack it; it’ll help catch better prey,” she murmured, thinking over the few knots that the group of foreigners had taught her a couple of months ago that were at the heart of the simple traps. The skill was hardly complicated, she being a feral woman that never heard of such mechanisms and yet was able to perform them with finesse. Sparrow doubted that he would have much trouble whenever she would teach Zeitgeist, perhaps being exposed to such before.

She guessed she had become too biased to tell the man about Salsola without tarnishing their title with their less than appealing aspects. She just thought that anything that took away one’s freedoms and choices… It was awful, and should be taken out from the world as soon as possible. Sparrow assumed that the man was unable or just refused to look through the eyes of the slaves themselves, and couldn’t emphasize their situation, and did not wish to speak further of it. As for the forced transformation, she did not want to dabble into that talk at all with the man, the subject too sensitive and Zeitgeist not the person to discuss such things with. Most Luperci wouldn’t understand, anyway, being born with the virus; they couldn’t phantom the fear of the first transformation when no one prepared them for it, almost being like a waking nightmare that only ended when the deed was done.

“I… don’t know. I guess I meant that he would gain respect in a more kindly way, one that would be more respectable instead of some thinking lesser of him. I just don’t agree with his methods on how he acts.” She listened to his talk about the people of his place, and frowned even further. “If you ever make a market, I hope no one will become like that. This land isn’t tolerable enough to have another snake like that, much less a whole village like Sirius.” At least, she and her clan would not stand such attitude from an outsider that did not have power behind them, in her opinion. That was perhaps the only reason why anyone could stand the Boss: he was a king, with deadly venom that seeped into his subjects that were as loyal as they could get.

Sparrow was quiet for a moment, but admitted, “I wouldn’t know about you, specifically; I never saw any dog skulls on our borders or talk about them. But, better safe than sorry, since I can’t speak for individuals; some take coyote pride to supremacy.” Such extremists were the Boreas wolves as well, and she again had to wonder if coyote fanatics had a change of heart, though she did not know any herself. She had distasted wolves herself for personal reasons, but never went as far as to label all as bad people, or at least attempted to. Still, she felt the need to defend her clan. “It’s odd to think that some should be enslaved because they weren’t born with something,” she countered, not even realizing she was bringing the subject back up. “But, people are entitled to their opinions.”

<style>
.sparraze3-box {float:right;}
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparraze3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread