a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: It is fine hun, I don't mind. I didn't know she knew his name actually.

"Thank you for your kindness. If you wish for further repayment then simply name what you want." Z certainly didn't mind paying for the services that he had received. It was generally what was expected where he had come from. And well he was acquiring and learning much more than he had expected in this chance meeting, especially since it had seemed to be a rather rocky encounter at points. "And you said that these only catch small things? What do you do for something larger?" Most certainly Zeitgeist would give away whatever catches there were so that Guillotine would be fed and he would just continue to scavenge for himself. That is unless the female knew of something useful to be able to bring down something larger that would be able to feed both males.

"I can't speak for how others will act. With some having even the smallest amount of power or wealth goes to their head." Zeitgeist laughed and shook his head. "To look at me now I bet you would never guess that I used to be among the wealthiest back over in Europe." But he had given it all up when he had left though. The thought amused him at least until he remembered the name that she had spoken. "Wait, did you say Sirius?" It couldn't be, could it? "Bella brunna? Beautiful brunette?" He knew it was wrong to get his hopes up but he simply couldn't help himself. Had the man really come to places that had been marked out on the map. "Would you happen to know of a surname?" Z spoke quietly, as if afraid to speak loudly would rob away the chance that there might be another name to accompany the first.

Zeitgeist shook his head slowly. "The only I know to be enslaved are those that couldn't pay their debts and so they work them off or else those that were caught trying to cheat and steal. Either way, it is much better to live and serve than it is to be killed because one was unable to keep up with their obligations." Those where the terms that Zeitgeist knew about and freedom could always be bought for the right price as he had proven with Guillotine. "As you clan is likely to hate me for what I can't help being should you really be offering your help and services to me? Would they not turn against you for what could be seen as betrayal?" Once again he was speaking softly. When Zeitgeist had first accepted the offer he had no idea that her people felt such and way. And now, well, he was wondering if the female had even thought through the consequences for her actions.

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread