the icons are whispering to you
[html]

Word Count → 488 :: I hope I'm playing him right. Also, uh, assuming they know the reason for the attacks is because of coyote blood.

Ataxia was in her more robust Seculi form. She hunted best in that form, and thought it would be safest if a fight broke out. The girl almost hoped there was, for she itched to avenge her father's death. This, as far as she knew, would be the only chance she would get. The more reserved Miqui seemed to have an inkling of what she planned, and cautioned her against taking her more noticeable form. "We're scouting, not fighting. You should be in your Lupus form."

"My fur is black and the wastes are brown. I stick out anyway. Let them see the wolfish side of me," she said, and honestly thought that all her scarification rituals would give her a visible coyote side. Neither Tlanti or Miqui had discouraged her from this idea, although the latter didn't seem to encourage it either.

The brown male in lupus form shook his head. He opened his mouth to reply, when a yap was heard from somewhere nearby. The dark hybrid rushed toward the noise before the male could stop her.

"Hello!" Ataxia skidded to a halt in front of the two Infernians. They were obviously hybrids, but their features showed their coyote heritage. The girl gave a wide grin at this, and wondered if they perhaps might know of the coyote god Momoztli; it was something she would have to ask when they were done.

"Do not run off like that again," Miqui growled irritably, as if she were a wayward child. "What if they had been party of wolves come to attack us?"

The female stiffened, and flatten her ears. He was older than she was, and this called for deference, much as she disliked it. He was also a relative of her mentor Tlanti, and for that reason she did not want to anger him. "Sorry." She bowed her head in acknowledgement.

Once he seemed placated, the girl's ears rose, as did her tail. "I know I stick out because of my fur, so I think I should be ahead of you," Miqui scoffed at this idea, but she did not seem to notice. Her tail wagged behind her. "It means they could spot us earlier, but then they might do that anyway. I look like a wolf and they may not realize where I come from. I can pretend to be a loner if they see me." The Salsola scent had been cleaned from her fur, replaced with the spray of the ocean and a thick, floral smell.

"You - well, most of you are all brownish and coyote looking. You might be able to sneak behind me." Her talking was quite rapid when she was excited and did not allow anyone else to interrupt. "If someone approaches me first, then you will know to hide while I try to find an excuse to get away." When she had finished, she became quiet and waited for their approval.

Image courtesy of elevenamx@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.if-template p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.if-template p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.if-template b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.if-template {background-color:#92513a; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/ivYU5g5K9R2LG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #AC5A10; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread