between Here and Gone
[html]

Um...sure. Except it's gone midnight for me (I'm +9 from PST), so I can't reply until tomorrow. If that's okay with you. We'll exchange a few more replies before she's accepted, unless you want to be accepted now?

[Image: header.jpg]

Hel cocked her head to the side and pondered. This land, this pack, that she shared with the others, this was her home now. She had the power to choose who shared it with her. Of course, any decision to turn away wolves would need to be put to the Council and she doubted that Deuce and Iskata would just let her reject members like that. They would never grow as a pack if they did. Phoenix Valley. The name rang strange in her mouth, as if she should have said Asgard and confused herself. My name is Hel, I am part of the Council that leads the pack. If you'll come down form there, I can explain it to you. And don't be frightened, I will not harm you. In Asgard, she would be bound and taken before her mother and father to explain themselves. They would be lucky to escape unscathed. Otherwise they would be killed or maimed, testimony to the elite wolves of the Asgard, blessed by the gods themselves.

This, however, was not Asgard. It was a different land, a different pack. She had different rules to follow. Indeed, to put the female at ease, Hel stepped back and waited for her. She thought again of how she seemed to have changed. She would need to ask Styx if he had noticed something. Perhaps she was taxing her body too much? But no, she was a warrior, discipline and rigour were second nature to her. Tell me your name, stranger, so that I know what I should call you. Hel smiled at the female, but it was one of her trade smiles, for she could not afford to be too friendly. If she did indeed want to join the pack, she would have to give Hel a little more. Where she came from, if she had family, and what skills she possessed. And if the two were unsuited... well, she would simply go on her way. This was not Asgard. Mentally, Hel steadied herself. She had been brought up to expect a lot of things in others and only her meeting Styx and taking him as mate had changed this view slightly. But she was Loki's daughter and would always be that way.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread