grasped so delicate by one's eye
[html]
[/html]Tayui felt bad that injury had followed him from the battlefields. Although her own injuries had taken her down the waterway and likely nearly killed her, as the tides varied to an awe-inspiring degree, she had been allowed to eventually take her leave and return to consciousness with her body mostly in tact. The fact of the matter was that neither she nor Eris were accomplished fighters. She suspected that she had more skill than the venomous black wolf, but even then, Eris had bested her. It wounded her pride greatly. But her injuries lingered only in a superficial sense, and for this she was grateful. Thus, she not only felt guilty, but some form of survivor’s guilt knowing that Jaden, truly a warrior like Drizzt, had suffered because of her crusade.

When Jaden noted that he was claiming land for a new pack, she smiled almost imperceptivity. She was not one to express emotions without great cause, so although she was glad for him, her reaction likely seemed quite muted. Indeed, it was.

“I’m glad to hear you’ve found a new peace. It’s important to move on, even if—especially because—we did not succeed. I can only wish them the worst and you the best. If I were younger, perhaps I would continue, but I know a lost cause when I see one. They are strong and we were virtuous, filled with a sense of duty and morality, but that’s not enough to win a war. Creating a new home—and doing what we can if we ever can for the slaves—will have to suffice.” She still felt bad about that, too: Vesper’s intrusion in the pack led her to see the murder of a slave. Even though it had started as a personal attack and vengeance against Eris, somewhere along the line, she’d started to believe in her own lies. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread