grasped so delicate by one's eye
That's cool! Wanna end it here? (Also, laughing at Jaden getting riled up about her eye colours. XD )
[html]
[/html]There was an awkward pause between them, and for a moment, Tayui wasn’t sure if Jaden was going to say anything in response. She felt bad that she had nothing to offer him, and for a moment, she was worried that he would throw it back in her face. They hadn’t started out on the best of terms, and although they’d come to accept one another’s presence, she didn’t think that meant that he had to like her. So she was preparing for the worst, but when he did speak up, it sounded as though she was worrying for nothing. He had such a good poker face that she had trouble figuring out what exactly he was thinking, so hearing his response was a welcome thing.

“I’m glad,” she replied. She was glad, mostly, that he didn’t resent her for it. She had been wracked with guilt when she caught up to Vesper and although she had made peace with herself and what she had done, she still had fleeting moments of guilt.

“Yes, I know where to find you. Leading a pack is not an easy task, so I will let you go. I’m sure your members will be glad to see you again,” she replied with an easy smile. This—this chit-chat about leadership—was something that she could relate to. So, she didn’t mind that he had to leave since she understood the desire to return to one’s home. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread