Home Sweet Home
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Terra {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#225e5f; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Terra b{color:#ecaf06; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra hesitated, wondering how to answer Hati's words. It was true, Coyote did cause trouble for everyone that came near her. It wasn't necessarily out of a want for harming them. Sometimes she was just playing around, and someone was drawn into her game. Sometimes she harmed others to help those she considered her friends. Those stories were less often, as tales where the animals worked together were few. Usually it was when they benefited from each other in some way, and not over friendship that such a thing happened.

She does have friends. She's a trickster though. Coyote always plays games. It's like when I play with Skoll. I love playing with him, but that doesn't mean I won't trick him into looking rather silly. Thoughtfully Terra considered Hati's words, trying to think of a tale where Coyote helped someone, instead of simply tricking others or doing something for her own benefit. One tale did come to mind, but it was a rather sad one.

Sitting down Terra looked at Hati. Coyote isn't the only one to not get along with the other animals. Often they fight amongst each other. Deer flees from Wolf, and Bear, and Cougar. Cougar and Bear will fight over territory. Hawk mocks Rabbit, and will kill him. Coyote won't interfere every time her friends are in trouble. It happens too often. When she does interfere, it means something has gone very, very wrong.

This happened once. Fox plays tricks on the other animals as well to help herself survive. Occasionally she's partnered with Coyote to play a prank. Fox went too far this time though, and angered Sun. He came down from the sky, and locked Fox away. He decided that Fox had done too much damage, and was going to destroy her. He hunted across the earth, finding her kits and killing them one by one.

Coyote heard of this, and immediately grew fearful for her friend. All the foxes were connected to Fox. Without her, they wouldn't exist anymore. Stopping Sun wouldn't be easy though. He was very powerful, and very wise. Coyote called Raven and Wolf to help her. This trick wouldn't be easy to pull off. Coyote covered herself in ash, turning herself black. She disguised herself with thick leaves over her ears, and used mud to make her tail look thin and bony. Wolf disguised himself as well, turning himself into a creature that lived in the sky, while Raven turned himself as colorful as a song bird.

Sun was walking through a field at this point. It burned behind him, hunting down the kit he was convinced was hidden there. That was when Wolf, disguised as a great sky creature, stepped forward. He was very rushed, the majestic wisdom clear in his eyes. Sun was surprised to see him there. "Great Sky Creature, why are you here?" Wolf looked over to Sun, pretending to be surprised. "Didn't you know? A new sun is being chosen, and everyone is gathering for the ceremony." Not pausing to wait Wolf continued on his way.

This confused Sun very much. As far as he knew, he was the only one. Deciding that it was a lie Sun continued on his way. They couldn't replace him. Not long after Raven appeared, bright colors catching the light. He did his best to sing, but Raven has a terrible voice. Startled Sun spoke out. "Song Bird, why is your voice so rough?" Raven looked to Sun, preening carefully. "A new sun is chosen, and my voice has been lost crying praises of the sun's great beauty."

This worried Sun very much. He hurried back to his home, determined to find out the truth. Outside it he found Coyote, disguised as a very strange creature, placing things to the side to carry with her. She didn't look up, appearing satisfied with the outcome. "Wait!" Sun cried. "Do you know about the new sun?" Coyote looked up, smiling. "Why yes. We had to choose a new one. The old sun was too busy wandering all over the place, you know. This new one knows her duties very well though." Sun frowned. "Who is it?" "Why it's Fox. She was very agreeable about it."

Sun rushed into the house, and sure enough, there was Fox. She was where he'd left him, sitting in the house with a chain around her neck to keep her from escaping. "Why are you the new sun?" Fox sat up, tail swaying behind her. "Well, sitting up here I've been able to see what you do. As you weren't available, I said that I could do your work for you. The collar you made for me is very useful for that." Jealous Sun turned to Fox. "Let me be the sun again."

Now Fox wanted to get out from where she was very badly. She knew that moving too soon could ruin what Coyote had done though. Shaking her head she looked to the window. "I don't think so. You haven't left much for me down there, and I know how to work as the sun now." Hearing this Sun cried, tearing at his fur. "I can restore things! I'll even help you hide when you need to! Just let me be the sun again!"

Fox nodded reluctantly. "Alright. Don't forget to wear the collar." Relieved Sun set Fox free. The tricky female slipped out, returning to Coyote. Sun chained himself down, and found himself unable to leave his home. He was the sun as he wished, but he wasn't able to walk the earth anymore. Sun was very upset by this, but he couldn't change it now. Fox's fur changed from the meeting though. The heat was so intense, it singed her fur red. And it took Coyote many, many days before her coat lost it's dusty color.
Terra
Wordcount :: +000

template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex

[/html]

Messages In This Thread