Fascination
As she approached the male, his attention was drawn to her obviously pregnant belly. He seemed extremely curious about it and she gave him a soft smile. Yes, he was black but Ayasha didn’t believe in shadow wolves. She knew many black furred canines that were good and many nonblack furred wolves that weren’t. The main canine she thought of as evil was Maska, who had ruined her life back in AniWaya. With his reign of terror, things slid downhill until she became mates with Liam and joined Anathema. So she did definitely not share her mate's rather paranoid behavior and thoughts.

Her azure eyes took in his reaction to her placing her hand on where her pups grew and one of them kicked against the hand of its mother. Her grin grew and she rubbed her stomach to try and calm them. His grin was pure and almost innocent, like the years of his burdens melted away. She wondered if most men were like that. He said that he was just trying to see who lived in each cave and that he was down the hall. She nodded in understanding, making a mental map of where he could be.

The still unnamed male apologized for disturbing her and Ayasha shook her head gently. "You didn’t disturb me. I've been a bit stir-crazy and lonely. The only person I regularly see is my mate and although I love him dearly, I do enjoy the company of others." His next question was a bit surprising and she gave a light, gentle laugh. "Yes, I am. I'm due early June." But there was still the issue of not knowing each other's name. "I'm Ayasha. What might your name be?" Her unscarred eye lifted itself rather elegantly as she waited for his name.

Messages In This Thread