The Way of Fang and Claw
[html]

WC:: 6+

The golden girl was still out of breath from having over 100lbs of pure muscle ram into her, but her bearings were coming back fast. Her stance continued to relax into submission as her senses picked up the waning aggression wafting off the alabaster male. She was silently cursing her insolence and knew if she had reacted this way in her homelands, she would’ve been punished mercilessly and put into the lowly rank of Omega to learn her lesson, but thankfully New Dawn proved to be a little more lax in the ways of the true wild. She had been an obedient subord after all and had been above subservient to her better. Drin didn’t need to be told where her place was, she was still getting a feel for her new family and was aware it would take some time, or at least for her skills to be witnessed in order to climb the hierarchy here.

Rising above subord was almost an impossibility in the fae’s mind. For in her old lands, her mother and brothers wouldn’t dare try to compete with their pack mates or even dream of ascending above. Their place was ranked with the old or invalid, simply because Luperci coursed through their veins. It wasn’t something the young Soul came to resent, it had actually been her norm. The ocean eyed girl had never imagined setting her sights on anything above her family’s lowly rank, submission was simply her second nature. Yet the girl knew things were different here. She knew Luperci was truly a gift for some, and her blood was not offensive to her pack. Here she was on an equal playing field with her pack mates. Here, the dreamer could seek an actually pack task.

A gruff voice cut into her daydream. Her eyes slowly looked up into the male’s stern yellow. I hadn’t meant that to happen, she thought to herself, in complete disagreement to his tone, but she remained docile and submissive. The man spoke his name and Drin slightly stiffened. I know this name. Her mind raced back to her fun afternoon with Terra. Thought the coywolf did not expand on what took place between the two, Drin was immediately on guard. She was a strong believer of loyalty and it sounded like her pack brother had betrayed the red coated coy. Yet, the subord knew this was not the time nor the place to pepper the Epsilon with questions. She would not fight the Cour des Miracles member’s battle...it simply was not her place.

I’m not too sure about that, she said softly. Surely you and I could bring down something even larger for the pack? She lightly suggested. You hardly know me, but I have had exceptional training in hunting and tracking back in my homelands, Drin explained now averting her eyes. ...and my teacher felt I was something of a prodigy, she kept this part to herself, not wanting to sound like she was bragging to the higher ranked wolf. If I’m not so bold, I believe with our skills combined, our pack brothers and sisters would not want for more. The young wolf waited with baited breath. Augustus did not seem to be the warmest of characters, but she would give her brother the benefit of the doubt. In his eyes, she had just ruined his hunt, of course he was disgruntled and a bit miffed. She could say the same thing about him, but that would just as soon get her run off the packlands. The two could work together and multiply their bounty.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread