we were free like water
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 313

Alyssum saw her confusion, but could not help but show her own doubt. “Books? You know… Flat, sometimes a bit thick. Made of paper, stuff like that. Has words in its...” The woman frowned at her own poor explanation of what a book was, and nickered something after a moment of being quiet. A huff replied to her speech, and Antebellum lifted her head away from the ground and walked over to her, and the de Fonte fished around in the saddle bags for a moment. She pulled out a few bits of clothing, settling them on the horse’s back, even a plant that was kept in a jar was dug out from her belongs. She smiled when she finally found it, and pulled out a thick, worn item, and shoved the other trivial things back in carefully.

“This, is a book. It was the first one that I found after leaving my home, and it helped me to read a little, too.” She handed the object to Adelle, in case she wanted to inspect it herself. “I’m going to guess you don’t know how to read since you don’t know what a book is…” For a moment, she was quiet, looking at Macbeth. The bird just stared simply back, but gave a slight nod, the two sharing a silent conversation. “I could teach you—or at least the basics. It took me a while to even realize what letters were what, but then again, I was learning by myself. It’s worth it though; one is able to read so many things, like messages from packs, letters from family, and adventures of characters.” She sighed a bit at the end, remembering a visit to Halifax that seemed to long ago when she and another were discussing the advantages of reading. The nostalgia was strong, but she kept her attention on the tall girl.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread