Empty Horizon
[html]
Sorry for the wait lovelies! / 312 words

Eydiss was simultaneously grateful and regretful for her aunt's help with the introductions. Grateful because it smoothed the meeting immensely, regretful because of what the bastard girl was tasked with upon her entry into Vinátta. For the moment, the black wolf tried to push that to the back of her mind, walling it away and trying to convince herself she was becoming a part of this pack, this family, for real. Her nerves eased at the gentle look in the eyes of Vinátta's greeters, and she nodded softly to her aunt that she could speak for herself at this point. Miskunn smiled gently down at her, awaiting her answer with the patience of a knowing mother.

"Thank you for the welcome, Saul, Lilin. It's a true pleasure to meet you both. Miskunn's told me a lot about you, and about the other Stormbringers that have come and gone around these lands." The wolf managed a shy smile and a brief sway of her tail against the earth. "As far as what I could offer to Vinátta, I'm not really anything special. I do know how to hold my own in a fight, especially with my spear, but that's nothing most others couldn't do. I will say that I have a certain knack for navigation and direction, and an eye for detail. Once I find my way somewhere, it's incredibly difficult to get me lost again, even when someone tries." She couldn't help the slight smirk at that admittance, Eydiss was quite proud of that particular skill. "I know it isn't much, but I'm a fast learner and I'm sure I could pick up some other helpful skills if you give me a chance." The female leaned into Miskunn's comforting support and alternated her gaze from Saul to Lilin and back again, searching for an answer before either one spoke.

<style type="text/css">
.edyli b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2512e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.edyli p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.edyli {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#270505; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6tzY7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 260px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#854442; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.edyli p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.edyli p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread