Defying Gravity
[html]

There'd been a time when she had seen a canine nearly get pulled into the ocean because they had caught something that was too big for them to handle. It was surprising to her what a hard pull fish could give based on their size. She could move very gracefully through the water herself, but fish swam in it even more beautifully and easily because it was their natural environment. It meant that even a medium sized fish could pull a luperci off-balance or make them tumble to their deaths if they weren't careful. Safety was on her mind right now. She didn't want Sparrow's first experience fishing with her to be a bad one or for her to become upset if she were to fall in.

She moved to take the stick from Sparrow once the fish had been brought up successfully. She realized then that her hold on the other might have been too tight, as well as the fact that it'd been done without permission. She didn't enjoy others touching her without asking her, and now she'd gone and done it to someone else. "Sorry. I hope I didn't hurt you or anything. You're small...I thought the fish might pull you off your feet. Seen it happen." She tried to explain, her alto voice low and streaked with regret.

Ember reeled the line all the way in, picking the fish up with one hand and removing the hook quickly and easily. "Are you at all hungry? If I haven't scared you away too much with that...Sorry again."She put the fish down and began to gather a few rocks, placing them in a round circle. The beginning of a fire pit. She put a worm back on the hook and tossed the line back into the pond, twining the line around a tree where she could leave it for a few minutes at a time. "I wouldn't mind some cooked fish, if you're interested. I'd like to make a fire and do some swimming, then dry off and eat." She wanted to gather firewood but another fish was already pulling on the line. She only wanted one for now, and impaled the fish on a stick to place over the fire after getting it out of the pond.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread