[aw] a styrofoam deepsea landfill
[html]

(360)

Vasiliy is by me!

Vasi had never known a truly blind canine before, but his grandmother's eyesight had been going when he'd departed from Sobirat'sya. Zinoviya, his namesake, was a strong woman, but even she could not fight the ravages of age forever. Her fur had become pale and almost wispy, and her once ample body had shrunken. It was difficult to watch, and perhaps part of the reason he'd strode so valiantly away from his homeland. The same was happening -- or happened, really -- to his father, and would happen to his mother, and everyone else he knew. Better not to forge any truly deep connections, then.

Ah, thank you, he said, relieving to find his planned residence was not already occupied. His gray tail wavered behind him, and he leaned forward a little, taking a better look at her eyes. He was not completely bold and obvious, but neither was he particularly stealthy with his endeavor, either. He was simply curious, and quickly realized there was no difference between Hotaru's eyes and any other eyes. There was no cloudiness, no murkiness -- the stare was emptier, of course, for she had no basis for an expression of the gaze. On the contrary, they were quite pretty, and he wondered silently just what had befallen her -- whether bad luck or another Luperci -- to have caused such an ailment.

It is good to meet you. Are all in the pack so nice? he wondered aloud. I would love any help I can get, my friend, he said, smiling. The roof is in good condition, but the interior -- ahh, not so much. Small mess, though, he said, turning back toward the house. Come with me, Hotaru, and we shall clean together, and I will return many kindnesses to you later, the Russian promised, wagging his tail. He was happy to have already found someone to talk to, and something about Hotaru told him her experiences and perspective would be vastly different from most else he was used to -- she had experienced the world in a starkly different manner than most Luperci, after all. The adventurer was more than happy at this prospect.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread