Carving
[html]

(333)

Vasiliy is by me!

The dark-furred wolf's ears pricked upward with this, and he nodded, excitement twinkling in widened blue eyes. I did not know there was word for this! he said, tail thumping a rhythm against the ground. In mine homeland, winters are long and the sun hides for many months. This first sun is very important, Vasiliy explained. For a strange moment, he wished he was home again so he might share this new word and concept with those of Sobirat'sya. He felt it was something they would all innately understand -- following the months of darkness, the first kiss of sunlight against one's fur truly was magical. Pandora, he repeated, so the word might stick in his brain. He was more south now, and the winters were not like those in Sobirat'sya, without a doubt -- he did not want to forget the significance of the dark months and that first golden light.

The Russian leaned forward to inspect the charm. This one was smaller and he hesitated to touch it, fearful his big meat-paws might crush it. He did not think he was so strong, but the carving -- though made of wood -- simply looked too delicate for a creature such as himself to hold. Yes -- that is it, he said, simply, astounded at the ease with which Dalgina crafted things pretty as nature itself made them. He listened with pricked ears as she spoke of the boat, and he grimaced, though it was not an expression of extreme displeasure. Aye, maybe I can make -- but I would not sail this boat, he confessed. The ocean... ah, he shrugged, pausing and considering a moment. It was most beautiful thing first, but it takes long time when cross some waters. These many weeks you are looking at same thing, over and over again, sky and water dancing.

He leaned back, hesitating again. But... I do not cross ocean, I do not end up here. So... maybe worth it, in the end?

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread