Learning new tricks
[html]

When she gave the command Oak did not hesitate to follow it. He was a bit of leader, compared to his brothers he had always seen himself as the one in front, but here he was happy to do as he was told. Following her lead, the russet colored male felt awkward at first. Trying to copy her movements was not easy, as he had never done such a thing before. Oak listened intently on her instruction, hoping that it would give him a better idea of how his body was to feel and act. As they repeated, and continued with the practice he found that once he returned to a previous movement his body remembers just as his mind did.

Cassia paused, and Oak stopped as well. He was a bit out of breath, surprisingly. Blue eyes watched as she approached him, her instruction detailed and easy for him to understand. It was true, to keep his weight on his toes was something he did instinctively while on the hunt but it had not occurred to him that he should be focused on them now. Oak did as she told, and found that even that small action shifted his weight into a better balance while handling the weapon. Hands moved as she explained, one to the top and the other to the bottom of the wooden handle. He gave a nod, voicelessly expressing his understanding.

That does feel better, he replied, being on my toes. Oak added, with a bit of a smile. He felt the weight of the axe as he held it with a single hand, already noting the small difference in his confidence while handling the axe. He had a long way to go, but he was happy for the start. I can practice these, on my own? He asked. The earthen pelted woman had sort of been doing that when he had come up on her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread