Ding, you have a visitor
[html]

wc: 491 // Aww! She's so cute and innocent~ 8)

If Eclipse knew Lilin personally, then perhaps it would soften the mention of Haku; though his ghost was fading from this land, there were still many whom he had wronged, striking fear into their hearts from beyond his shallow grave. She herself had suffered much at his hands -- losing her tail, her confidence, even her maidenhood -- and she still hated saying his name aloud, as though he would wreak some posthumous revenge if she invoked it. "I'm Haku Soul's daughter, which makes me Lilin's half-sister," she elaborated, setting her ears back anxiously. It was not with any semblance of honor that she mentioned the Soul patriarch's name, but simply for the sake of recognition. And when Eclipse mentioned her parents by name, suddenly it all fell together.

This must have been what Mew Sadira had felt, meeting her niece for the first time in Dahlia de Mai. Coli found herself openly staring, suddenly recognizing the familiar hues in Eclipse's pelt, the purple tint to her lovely irises, the softness in her voice. There was no doubt in her mind, this had to be Conor's daughter. She had no idea that he had taken a mate, started a family... In every way, he had been better than her, and she could not have been more proud of him. "Conor Soul is... was... my little brother," she said haltingly, a mixture of pride and sadness in her expression. They had different mothers, but she preferred to see him as her closest relative. She had only learned recently of her brother's death at the hands of someone named Itachi Lykoi, and it deeply disturbed her to know that his life had been cut short in such a brutal and undeserving way. She wished she could have spent more time with him, gotten to know him as an adult and a leader, but most of her memories were him as a young and frightened child. She just wanted to protect him. And now, there was some vestige of his soul remaining on this earth, reincarnated into his lovely young daughter.

"Eclipse, you're my niece, I'm your aunt!" she exclaimed with uncharacteristic excitement, touching her fingers to her lips to hide the broadening smile. "How long will you be staying here? How far south are you traveling?" With so much family here, Eclipse must be considering joining their pack, why else would she want to see their beautiful fledgeling Vinátta? They could spend so much time together, and Coli could right the wrong she had unwittingly committed by being absent from so much of Conor's life -- she could forge a bond with Eclipse, and protect her dear brother's family. She had never met Bris Stormbringer, but if Conor had loved her, surely Coli would have as well. Her tail stub flicked in a happy rhythm, and she would have hugged the girl if she did not have her own aversions to contact.

<style type="text/css">
.coli001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#74b09f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread