Ding, you have a visitor
[html]

wc: 518 // Ahh, she got shot down... ;n; Poor dear!

Colibri's happy excitement caused her to miss the subtle way Eclipse grew still, the wariness in her gaze. She just felt the heavy weight on her shoulders lighten a bit; Conor was not erased from this world, part of him could still be with her. Saul had mentioned that Itachi was also Conor's child, but Coli refused to believe that it was possible. Even she did not possess the rancor necessary to want to kill her own sire, and he had been a monster. How could anyone wish to harm dear sweet Conor Soul, especially if he was their father?

Her blind affection faltered for a moment as Eclipse spoke next, revealing that not all had been perfect in their family. Coli was unsure how to respond to that -- he must have had a good reason, he was not the type to abandon responsibility. He had become an alpha at such a young age, because he had good judgment and was easy to trust. And again, she was reminded of an echo of Mew Sadira -- her aunt had been blind to Haku's flaws, refusing to even listen to the truth about her brother. Was that what she had become, too? "He... he was someone I loved very much, too... I'm... sorry for what happened, I truly am." She wanted to defend his actions aloud, but found that she could not; she did not know who he was as a grown man, and it wasn't fair to claim that she knew him better than his own daughter.

Crestfallen, Coli's ears drooped, expressive blue eyes registering confusion and hurt. Eclipse had already made up her mind to leave...? The desire to find one's own path away from family that made life too easy -- that need was completely foreign to Colibri, whose family had mostly served to make her life miserable. Her emotional growth was stunted by the abuse her father had rained down on her, making it very difficult for her to want to leave anyone who actually wanted to take care of her. She could already see that Eclipse was more independent than she could ever be, which was something she must have learned or inherited from brave little Conor. Even if she could not understand the decision, she would have to respect her niece's willpower.

"I... I can walk with you, of course," she said after a moment, trying to force a weak smile. She didn't want Eclipse to never return, of course; maybe her journey would lead her back here, and they would still have a chance to bond. "Just... don't take your family for granted. You and I both know they won't be around forever." It was a sad reminder of poor Conor's fate; had Coli known her brother was fated to die young, she would have returned to his side instead of breaking ties with everyone and vanishing. She did not want Eclipse to make the same mistakes she had, and be forced to carry the same regrets. She deserved better than her predecessors -- she was the new generation, the future.

<style type="text/css">
.coli001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#74b09f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread