Ding, you have a visitor
[html]

wc: 570

Coli glanced dolefully at her niece, surprised to see the apologetic look on her face. Did she actually feel guilty? That was such a sweet sentiment. She should know that Coli struggled with depression, and almost anything could spiral her into the melancholy state she found herself in now. But the gentle atonement she was offered was enough to get her to perk up again, if only a little. "Sweetheart, there's no reason to apologize for how you feel... I can relate to that, my mother died giving birth to me, and my father was abusive in many ways. At least you can cherish the happy memories you have of parents who loved you." They had both endured much heartache, and again Coli felt the impulse to hug the girl, though she refrained from doing so.

Eclipse spoke from her heart, strong words that showed an independent and willful spirit. Coli openly stared, amazed at how mature this young adult was. Despite whatever abandonment she had suffered as a child, Eclipse had grown into an amazing woman, one who did not need anyone to hold her hand or protect her. Coli felt foolish for having assumed she would be able to teach Eclipse anything -- her niece was a third of her age, and had already learned more about how to live for herself than Coli could ever comprehend. In that moment, she was reminded not just of Conor, but of Conor's dam, Eclipse's grandmother. Coli had no love lost for Firefly Sadira, but that woman had more spitfire in her than any other wolf she knew. A rueful smile twisted on her muzzle, and she shook her head in wry amusement. "Of course you can visit, please do. And share your accomplishments with us! You seem like the type that can do anything you set your mind to. I can't wait to see."

They began walking side by side, Coli carrying her bottle of water for the garden, Eclipse leading her horse. Coli eyed the horse again with mistrust, making sure she was not within range of a nip or a kick. She still did not like the beasts of burden, despite the establishment of Vinátta's stable. Her niece offered her an easy question, and she gazed up at the clear skies as she formulated a response. "Yes, I suppose you could say that... I lived on my own for close to two years before coming here and finding Lilin. Before that I tried living in several packs... I was a part of Dahlia de Mai when Conor and Emwe were born, and stayed there until Haku drove us to war. That pushed me to Crimson Dreams, but I had a... a falling out, and ended up leaving there too." It was a weak history, one that showed her many failings. She was a timid creature, one prone to cowardice, and ran away whenever there was conflict. She wanted Eclipse to have some sort of favorable opinion of her, though, and glossed over the exact details. "And you, you sound as though you've been traveling too? Found anything interesting?" She smiled, finding Eclipse's gaze again. She desperately wanted the girl to stay, but there was nothing she could say to sway such a mindset. The best she could do would be to learn as much as she could for now, and hope her brother's daughter would visit soon.

<style type="text/css">
.coli001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#74b09f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread