Ding, you have a visitor
[html]

wc: 517

"You garden...?" Coli breathed incredulously, clutching her water bottle with growing excitement. "Th-that's what I do, my talent! I've only been able to start up again recently, since I have a home now, but I've been raising plants on and off again for years..." What an amazing coincidence - or possibly even a hereditary trait of some sort - that both females shared a green thumb. Coli always felt an immediate connection to those who loved the soil and sunlight the way she did, and it made her heart soar to know that she had something so profound in common with her niece. She also knew what it felt like to leave her garden behind after all the effort and time spent helping it flourish, and she offered a sympathetic smile at Eclipse's words. "I would love to try your cooking, that would mean a lot to me. Next time you visit, it could be like a party, food and drinks and stories to share!" Coli's docked tail flicked behind her, waving a happy rhythm. For now, at least, Eclipse's presence had uplifted her from the gloom of depression. She really liked the girl, not just because of her lineage, and hoped fervently that her niece felt something similar.

Eclipse proved her maturity again, revealing through her observations that she was wise beyond her years. It struck a chord, her descriptions of seeing everything change too quickly, of all the places and faces that passed her by. "When you live on your own, it's hard to see the world as anything but dark," Coli replied somberly, rubbing the thin scars that encircled her wrists. It was a dangerous way of life for a lone female, and no matter how defensive or cautious she was, she still fell victim to the cruelty of others. She could never truly feel safe anywhere, but within the confines of a pack was the best safety net she could hope for, and this one had the potential to last her a long time. "I know it can be hard to trust others, but... pack life is still safer than living as a loner. I'm really trying to make it work this time around," she added with a wry smile, knowing that her past failures at being a part of the community were largely her own fault. The inability to open up and trust others had created a rift between her and her packmates, making her feel unwelcome and driving her to desert them. It was a cycle she needed to break.

"Are you looking to join a different pack from this one, or will you continue on your own?" She asked carefully, hoping she could steer the girl towards the safer option. Eclipse seemed so headstrong and independent, she could easily choose to continue traveling endlessly, but it filled her with anxiety to imagine the pretty young wolf wandering without any way to protect herself. It was a bleak existence, one fraught with danger and instability, and not one she would wish upon her niece. She just wanted Eclipse to find happiness.

<style type="text/css">
.coli001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#74b09f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread