Live Wire
[html]

+313

There was recognition in the other’s grin, and Vesper started to step forward to say a proper hello—until the other’s form began to compact and drop into a four-legged shape. It was an improvement over the injured optime she’d sparred against, and both of them looked more comfortable as they were now. Her tawny tail wagged lightly as she looked over the other’s lean hybrid shape, but the appreciation was not sexual in nature in spite of the scent curling in the spring air. She was glad to find another more like her than she’d suspected, but that thought was dropped when the coywolf came closer.

The nuzzle was perhaps a natural greeting, but the scent had made the Centurion slightly edgy—and while she didn’t jerk away immediately or snarl as she might have with someone else, she did put a small distance between them the moment she was able to. Her wagging tail fell low, and she snorted at the other’s question.

“We had war up north,” Vesper stated simply, her voice gone cool although it was not directed at the green-eyed hybrid. She wasn’t sure if those were the terrors the woman was speaking of, or if she just meant the clan itself; certainly, many were justified in viewing Inferni like that, although she thought this was the first time another coyote mix had thought so. She didn’t seem completely disrespectful, though, and the question was perhaps too teasing to refer to the carnage that was the conflict.

“Now that it’s over,” she went on more lightly, “I wanted to take advantage and travel for a little bit. I haven’t been in the south in a long time.” She smirked and gave the other a tiny nudge on the shoulder before maintaining the space again. “Not since I met you at least, Lady Who Has Yet To Be Named.”

<style type="text/css">
.vesper-oo9 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5e8c6d; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vesper-oo9 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesper-oo9 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#e2e0db; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6s7CO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #605e59; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#605e59; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread