Live Wire
[html]

i am a poopface :c +328

There was another little spark of emerald flame, but Vesper only grinned, her tongue lolling slightly as the other stood proudly and boasted of the southern packs. She resisted the urge to point out that fighting a bear wasn’t the same as fighting your own kind (even if, in Inferni’s case, the two sides hadn’t seen the other as “their own kind” at all), knowing that such a topic would only be depressing. She almost envied them for having to face large but very different predators, rather than looking down into the eyes of what could have been a brother as the light went out in them.

The coal tip of her tail twitched at the thought, but it was the only sign of her troubles; her blue eyes focused on the russet-tawny coyote, who crouched and gladly recited the rest of the south’s charms. It drew another smile to the Centurion’s lips, and she nodded. “I almost envy you,” she remarked lightly, knowing that a few festivals and feasts would be a good treat. She knew she’d get tired of socializing after a little while, but having the luxury of taking days off for exploration charmed her. Even though peace had come to Inferni, her job was never over, and she was almost constantly traveling around the borders like a robot on a rail—or some more suiting analogy.

“I wonder if your tales are different than ours…” Vesper mused. “And the stuff you trade, too. Is it a lot of luperci stuff?” It was obvious she thought little of such baubles—even though her viewpoint on luperci lifestyle had changed a lot since she was turned. The fact that she’d learned how to use a bow (even if she sucked at using it still) and wore her beads (trophy or not) was proof enough of that, but she did like to distance herself from the frou-frou luperci who wanted to emulate their furless, fangless, and finished predecessors.

<style type="text/css">
.vesper-oo9 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5e8c6d; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vesper-oo9 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesper-oo9 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#e2e0db; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6s7CO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #605e59; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#605e59; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread